The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick vs NYU vs KCL vs Bocconi

Hi All,

Looking for help in deciding an option for my undergraduate degree. I have offers from Warwick and King's College London for PPE, Bocconi for BESS (BSc Economic and Social Sciences) and from NYU in their Gallatin School of Individualized studies. At this stage, I am inclined to do a masters after my under-graduation and I am not so sure about which country I would want to work. In terms of careers, I am interested in academia, policymaking, and potentially consulting & other finance related roles.

Bocconi seems to have a solid reputation for their BESS program within EU and potentially might prepare me better for my masters, especially due to the strong quantitative focus. My only concern is that Bocconi does not seem ideal for international students, e.g it is extremely difficult to secure internships as an international student in Italy.

In terms of personal interest, however, PPE appeals to me a lot more than pure economics, and Warwick's program seems a lot better than King's. However, Warwick's international reputation does not match up to that of King's - so I wonder if King's may provide me better options with regards to my future studies (if I choose to pursue them outside the UK).

Gallatin school at NYU on the other hand sounds interesting as I can design a degree purely according to my own interests however, not sure if that would limit my future prospects for masters from a top school in US, as I will graduate with an 'Individualised major' rather than an established degree, e.g a BA in Economics

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
i believe warwick's international reputation is quite good particularly in europe - perhaps not in the general public's eyes - but in terms of academia and employers it is up there among the top especially for subjects like economics
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Would have said nyu, but for academia and policy making, uk unis are 100% the way to go

Quick Reply