The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Switching from Comp Sci to Business (KCL) ??

So I’ve already got unconditional offer from KCL to study Computer Sci in Sept 2024.
And I plan to have my own business in the future.
I chose Comp Sci cuz I thought to be able to own and run a businsss, you don’t need a business degree so going to uni for that would be useless.
But I really wanted to go uni so I chose Comp Sci cuz it comes under engineering, has lots of problem solving and I like maths etc.
I didn’t choose proper engineering cuz I wasn’t interested in any of the specific engineering degrees like mechanical, chemical, electrical etc and I don’t see myself working in that field either.
Economics I didn’t choose cuz I don’t like writing long essays and answering very long exam questions so choosing comp Sci was the best option for me at that time and I think still is ??
Sometimes I doubt my decisions and think I should’ve chosen business.
Another reason for not studying business at uni was that I felt like I’d struggle to find jobs with this degree just in case if I can’t own/run my own business/brand.
I understand that getting a job in Comp Sci is also very hard and competitive but at least it’s a challenging and well-respected degree.
What do you guys think?? I’d appreciate any advice or tips from you guys.
Getting a job in anything is hard nowadays to be honest, regardless of you degree. Business is good because it’s broad, but computer science is a more respected degree. It just depends on where your interests lye I guess
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Comp sci is better
Original post by Carter03052
Getting a job in anything is hard nowadays to be honest, regardless of you degree. Business is good because it’s broad, but computer science is a more respected degree. It just depends on where your interests lye I guess

man I hear that still
i still think you should stick with comp sci, as opposed to business

Quick Reply