The Student Room Group

Anyone got any fun ways to workout ?

I have tried YouTube workout , running , skipping , yoga and Pilates I need a way to workout that is fun and I can stay consistent with it to improve my fitness !
I do dance workouts (from YouTube) with musics that I like not just random videos
Reply 2
Original post by NoOneKnowss
I do dance workouts (from YouTube) with musics that I like not just random videos

Thanks I have tried I can’t find any that I like 😭
Original post by Smart282
I have tried YouTube workout , running , skipping , yoga and Pilates I need a way to workout that is fun and I can stay consistent with it to improve my fitness !

les Mills on YouTube is quite fun I have a set of about 20 YouTube workout I only do because I don't like doing others and I pick one based on my mood that day for example some days I want it light so I do a 24 minute tabata which is quite engaging because even if you don't like the excercise it's only 20 seconds and the music is good that the youtubers play. then on days I want to work my maximum i do Caroline Girvan because I'm always tired after hers
Reply 4
Original post by Sillystrawberry7
les Mills on YouTube is quite fun I have a set of about 20 YouTube workout I only do because I don't like doing others and I pick one based on my mood that day for example some days I want it light so I do a 24 minute tabata which is quite engaging because even if you don't like the excercise it's only 20 seconds and the music is good that the youtubers play. then on days I want to work my maximum i do Caroline Girvan because I'm always tired after hers

Thanks you I have tried both and can’t seem to stick to them or like them Caroline because her workouts are too long and quite boring and very hard for me rn as I haven’t been working out regularly thanks you anyways though !
Thanks you I have tried both and can’t seem to stick to them or like them Caroline because her workouts are too long and quite boring and very hard for me rn as I haven’t been working out regularly thanks you anyways though !

how about going to a fitness class or going with a friend it's so much more motivating with someone else because they tell you to carry on and you basically can't stop

one thing I do is I think of each fitness sesh as an appointment (like a doctors appointment or a meeting) you would never not turn up. When I did this, it was so much easier.

ah yes another thing I do (especially when it's sunny) is a circuit workout w my fav music

so I have say 6 stations with different exercises of how I feel that day
here's an example:
1. Skipping rope
2. star jumps
3. hopping
4. burpees
5. press ups
6. bicycle thingy

and every time the song changes the excercise changes or get a workout there and change every time if she songs are too long
Reply 8
Original post by Sillystrawberry7
ah yes another thing I do (especially when it's sunny) is a circuit workout w my fav music
so I have say 6 stations with different exercises of how I feel that day
here's an example:
1. Skipping rope
2. star jumps
3. hopping
4. burpees
5. press ups
6. bicycle thingy
and every time the song changes the excercise changes or get a workout there and change every time if she songs are too long

Thanks you so much !
Apart from the dance videos I also do Chloe Ting’s workout programs, they have helped to be more consistent and once I noticed the changes in my body it motivated more, however I won’t say that sometimes I don’t get lazy but I try do them anyway, you can also do those workouts with other people
I haven't tried this myself but some people I know workout with TV shows. Like if you search up 'Gossip Girl Workout' it comes up with an exercise to do every time something happens in the show.

Quick Reply

Latest