The Student Room Group

Best ways to revise Alevel biology and chemistry ?

Hi, what are the best ways to learn content in a way that is simple and not confusing
I explain to students or to another people or just to myself what I have learnt and answer questions to the lessons, past papers for exams when it comes to it.

@5hyl33n You know better methods, I am sure.
Original post by Harriett Hayden
Hi, what are the best ways to learn content in a way that is simple and not confusing

I would recommend watching YouTube videos to help explain concepts (I recommend allery chemistry for chemistry), and the notes on save my exams. I would then start off with basic questions to test your knowledge of concepts such as flashcards, and then practice topic based questions on physics maths tutor. Aim to do this all ideally in one study session.
I do a level biology. I revise by making flashcards on anki after each lesson and I do these flashcards daily (if I have time). If I don't understand something I watch a video about it (I recommend Miss Estruch) and I make flashcards from that video rather than from my notes from the lesson. If I have a topic test coming up then I do exam questions on that specific topic (I get these from Studymind). I'm in year 12 so I'm saving full past papers for year 13 because we haven't learnt all of the content yet.

I'd assume revision would be similar for chemistry, but looking at my friend's chemistry work there seems to be a lot more specific maths + application questions, so make sure you're focussing on these as well because if you know what you're doing then maths questions tend to be easy marks.
Original post by Harriett Hayden

For me, I think practicing is the most important! You can learn all you want but if you don't practice in exam conditions, you won't get the same results! I uSe the website Tilf for practicing on humanities, they also have bio and chem 6 markers. They give feedback and marks on your answers so you know what t improve

Quick Reply