The Student Room Group

a level biology

im really running short on time and i don't have time to teach myself the content at all do you think it'll be okay if i just jump straight into past papers?
Original post by tynix
im really running short on time and i don't have time to teach myself the content at all do you think it'll be okay if i just jump straight into past papers?

Im in the exact same position as you and what i found to be helpful is doing topic tests (e.g. exam questions on just respiration). do one question and mark it, learning from your mistakes. helps you recall the content while also practicing your exam technique. One thing that is very important is seeing links between the questions (e.g. identifying key words and phrases that can be used in almost all questions) since they can only ask you questions on the same content, just worded differently. this way even if you cant answer the question, a bit of waffle and key words can help you pick up the marks

Hope this helped :smile:
Original post by tynix

I would do a past paper to identify in which topics you are weakest, then recap your knowledge of those topics e.g revision guides, YouTube videos. Then spend 20 min doing topic based questions on those topics.
Reply 3
Hi everyone! I'm going to be quite frank about this, I need at least an A (if not an A*) in biology and my teacher is really nice but actually can't teach and it's the end of year 12 and we had our mocks but I don't even think I probably got a B. What's the easiest way to teach myself the content and secure an A?
Btw my exam board is quite niche (Biology B- Edexcel)
Thank youu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending