The Student Room Group

Can I be late to an open day?

I am looking forward to going to the Durham open day. However, it starts a 9 and the first train from London gets there 9:34. I don't want be late to the open day but I fear I have little choice. Is being late acceptable or worth it?

My only alternatives are to travel down the night before and hang about or book a hotel for the night.
Reply 1
Original post by benbaka
I am looking forward to going to the Durham open day. However, it starts a 9 and the first train from London gets there 9:34. I don't want be late to the open day but I fear I have little choice. Is being late acceptable or worth it?
My only alternatives are to travel down the night before and hang about or book a hotel for the night.

Yes, nobody's going to mind at all.
YES - perfectly okay.
Original post by benbaka

It really is your choice. You can do as much or as little of the open day you like.

On a personal note I attended a Durham open day with my son years ago. Getting there was horrendous. The city was absolutely full and difficult to get through to the campus.

Have a think about staying there. Everything including getting on the train back was just manic.

Absolutely lovely city but it is very small with thousands going there or back at the same time.

From personal experience I would try and stay if you can even if means staying elsewhere such as Newcastle.

We stayed at Travelodge the night before the night before the open day

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending