The Student Room Group

super late gyg!! 😴

thought it was too late to start one, but i saw some people start it for the half term. hope this will keep me accountable for everything :'') my exams so far haven't been the best so hope to improve for paper 2s! and if anyone sees this and has any tips for keeping calm and focusing during the actual exam, would be much appreciated <3

what i've done so far:

friday: a bit of geography + relax
saturday: geography + maths + some japanese vocab (and started japanese listening practise)
sunday: maths + geography + japanese vocab review

what i hope to do!

monday: finish japanese listening (about an hour?), go through flashcards for dynamic development and urban futures in geo (maybe in the evening), some more maths (re do past paper questions that went wrong and do the homework questions), japanese vocab review and new ones

tuesday: biology homeostasis flashcards, biology worksheets (inheritance, variation, evolution ones), maths stuff (maybe re-dos, specific topics, or corbett maths 5 a day) japanese vocab

wednesday: geography past papers for case studies, geography fieldwork past paper and cgp questions, maths stuff, japanese vocab, spanish stuff

thursday: FSMQ revision - do some (2 or 3) of the practise papers given and keep re-doing until can do all of them, go through topics for that, japanese vocab, normal maths stuff

friday: normal maths stuff, biology revision - ecology questions from all the books and past papers, savemyexams bio questions, savemyexams chemistry and physics questions (especially magnetism, and all topics in chem), japanese kanji

saturday and sunday: lots of normal maths, some geo and maybe english lang paper 2 from podcast if theres time (especially question 2 and 4), japanese vocab and kanji

really worried about maths (messed up p1) and japanese (speaking did not go well) especiallyy (usually i cant stick to the time limits so i haven't put any)
(edited 2 weeks ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
subjects im taking and what i expect to get (hopefully)

art: 8?
bio: 8-9
chem: 8-9
physics: 8-9
english lit: 6-7 (could've done better but i got complacent leading up to the exam, rlly nervous during)
english lang: 8
FSMQ: B - low A
geo: 8
japanese: 7-8
maths: 7-8 at this point :frown:
rs: 7-8
spanish: 8-9?? (ill know better after the 1st written exam)

yeahh would be awesome to get 8-9s but idk ive not been doing so well these past few weeks 😓
Reply 2
only just finished the first japanese listening 😭 started a quizlet for japanese listening vocab https://quizlet.com/gb/919508237/japanese-gcse-listening-practise-flash-cards/
at least i could understand some stuff :'') minimum 2 more listening practises to do, might spread it out over the week
then i have to do reading and kanji practice 😔
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Reply 3
im always so unproductive 😭 but anyways did 1 hw paper for maths and marked it. did so bad eventho its literally easier than actual papers ☹️ but anyways i did

japanese list (first one) - took me 4 hours!
started to go through dynamic development (ill try to finish that tonight maybe) (30mins so far)
did 1 hw maths paper - have 6 more to go for 2H and 7 more for 3H :'') (like 1 hr)

what i havent done:
reviewing maths questions (decided to do that later this week instead)
the rest of the maths hw stuff (idk - maybe just the last half of each paper bc theres too much)
urban futures review

so ill have to do all this tmw i guess 😔
Reply 4
starting urban futures review, afterwards i think ill be going to someones house to study maths + one of the sciences, afterwards need to do homeostasis (worksheets + flashcards) and japanese (listening + vocab)
Reply 5
Original post by ChocolattePieces
starting urban futures review, afterwards i think ill be going to someones house to study maths + one of the sciences, afterwards need to do homeostasis (worksheets + flashcards) and japanese (listening + vocab)

found a rlly good leeds case study set:
https://quizlet.com/gb/879213377/gcse-geography-leeds-flash-cards/
still need to review mexico city though 😓
Reply 6
came back from the house, did 2 maths papers instead of maths and science. soo I think I'll finish mexico city for the next 15 mins and then do some biology questions 😽
Reply 7
https://quizlet.com/gb/393048055/mexico-city-case-study-flash-cards/?funnelUUID=50611434-6eca-4764-9055-2f4478e30908
found this really good mexico city study set. it just doesnt have diasporas, the beast train or importance of MC
Reply 8
i think ive kinda finished geo paper 2 case studies, i just need to do content (especially resource reliance) which ill do on savemyexams later. i kind of want to finish maths paper 2 revision today and tmw morning so i can focus on the other sciences for the next few days until like middle of saturday - sunday.
to 'finish' maths paper 2 today and tmw i need to:

•

do hardest questions on savemyexams for some topics

•

do the last 8 questions on each maths hw

•

do the last 8 questions on aqa maths and the edexcel mocks

•

tmw morning, do like 2 (depending on the time) past papers, timed, then mark them

•

maybe do some of the questions in notion that you found hard

•

go over mock from february and re do wrong questions

•

definitely do the stuff in bold

Reply 9
i think ive kinda finished geo paper 2 case studies, i just need to do content (especially resource reliance) which ill do on savemyexams later. i kind of want to finish maths paper 2 revision today and tmw morning so i can focus on the other sciences for the next few days until like middle of saturday - sunday.
to 'finish' maths paper 2 today and tmw i need to:

•

do hardest questions on savemyexams for some topics

•

do the last 8 questions on each maths hw

•

do the last 8 questions on aqa maths and the edexcel mocks

•

tmw morning, do like 2 (depending on the time) past papers, timed, then mark them

•

maybe do some of the questions in notion that you found hard

•

go over mock from february and re do wrong questions

•

definitely do the stuff in bold

for savemyexams i think ill stick to the topics they said were hard:

Do you do geo ocr b?
thought it was too late to start one, but i saw some people start it for the half term. hope this will keep me accountable for everything :'') my exams so far haven't been the best so hope to improve for paper 2s! and if anyone sees this and has any tips for keeping calm and focusing during the actual exam, would be much appreciated <3
what i've done so far:
friday: a bit of geography + relax
saturday: geography + maths + some japanese vocab (and started japanese listening practise)
sunday: maths + geography + japanese vocab review
what i hope to do!
monday: finish japanese listening (about an hour?), go through flashcards for dynamic development and urban futures in geo (maybe in the evening), some more maths (re do past paper questions that went wrong and do the homework questions), japanese vocab review and new ones
tuesday: biology homeostasis flashcards, biology worksheets (inheritance, variation, evolution ones), maths stuff (maybe re-dos, specific topics, or corbett maths 5 a day) japanese vocab
wednesday: geography past papers for case studies, geography fieldwork past paper and cgp questions, maths stuff, japanese vocab, spanish stuff
thursday: FSMQ revision - do some (2 or 3) of the practise papers given and keep re-doing until can do all of them, go through topics for that, japanese vocab, normal maths stuff
friday: normal maths stuff, biology revision - ecology questions from all the books and past papers, savemyexams bio questions, savemyexams chemistry and physics questions (especially magnetism, and all topics in chem), japanese kanji
saturday and sunday: lots of normal maths, some geo and maybe english lang paper 2 from podcast if theres time (especially question 2 and 4), japanese vocab and kanji
really worried about maths (messed up p1) and japanese (speaking did not go well) especiallyy (usually i cant stick to the time limits so i haven't put any)

Heyyy
Good luck with your GCSES xx
In the exam just remember to take deep breaths and make sure to take a small pause between answers to refocus and calm down also make sure you take a bottle of water in all your exams
Have you been participating on the exam chats for paper 1s - if not https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7456038 this is the link to all the exam chats for specific subject/paper/exam board advice 🩶
Reply 12
Original post by tryphenalee2
Do you do geo ocr b?

yhhh :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by agent_duck343
Heyyy
Good luck with your GCSES xx
In the exam just remember to take deep breaths and make sure to take a small pause between answers to refocus and calm down also make sure you take a bottle of water in all your exams
Have you been participating on the exam chats for paper 1s - if not https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7456038 this is the link to all the exam chats for specific subject/paper/exam board advice 🩶

tysmmm!!! i always forget to bring water so thank youu for the advice ❤️ yess ive been looking and in some of the discussions, decided not to look at the maths edexcel one so i dont feel any worse :'') ty for everything and good luck too!! <333
tysmmm!!! i always forget to bring water so thank youu for the advice ❤️ yess ive been looking and in some of the discussions, decided not to look at the maths edexcel one so i dont feel any worse :'') ty for everything and good luck too!! <333

yww
I honestly don’t drink any water during the day usually tbh but I drink so much water during exams bc I find it helps me keep calm
Reply 15
for savemyexams i think ill stick to the topics they said were hard:

only managed to do like 3 ish topics from here, should probably do vectors, trig, histograms and probability tmw

what ive done:

•

maths (2 papers and a few questions, idk not much i got rly tired midday 😓)

•

geography urban futures review - still need to learn statistics for it tho

what i didnt do! (basically everything)

•

japanese - need to do listening and vocab review and new vocab (will do tmw)

•

biology - i should do some questions from school's sharepoint (theres like a ppt with some questions, and other resources) and savemyexams tmw, and maybe the worksheets

sooo plan for tmw:

•

2 maths papers in the morning - timed

•

japanese - kanji and listening practise (but mostly listening)

•

biology stuff - only if theres time (but will mostly do that on thursday)

•

more maths from savemyexams and mock test review (in the evening)

•

quick geo human fieldwork review

hopefully i can do it all, not so good at timing ☹️
Reply 16
yhhh :smile:

what did you think about the geology question on paper 1, it was horror
Reply 17
Original post by mmayaaa
what did you think about the geology question on paper 1, it was horror

omd the 8 marker and 11 marker were horrible 😭 i didnt get how to answer that one, realised u were meant to compare it to the climate or sm and do a conclusion which i didnt do 😓 but honestly i had no idea how to answer the last question? pure waffle :'')
Reply 18
only managed to do like 3 ish topics from here, should probably do vectors, trig, histograms and probability tmw
what ive done:

•

maths (2 papers and a few questions, idk not much i got rly tired midday 😓)

•

geography urban futures review - still need to learn statistics for it tho

what i didnt do! (basically everything)

•

japanese - need to do listening and vocab review and new vocab (will do tmw)

•

biology - i should do some questions from school's sharepoint (theres like a ppt with some questions, and other resources) and savemyexams tmw, and maybe the worksheets
sooo plan for tmw:

•

2 maths papers in the morning - timed

•

japanese - kanji and listening practise (but mostly listening)

•

biology stuff - only if theres time (but will mostly do that on thursday)

•

more maths from savemyexams and mock test review (in the evening)

•

quick geo human fieldwork review

hopefully i can do it all, not so good at timing ☹️

did 1 maths paper, i think i should do the next one tmw morning instead. made a load of silly mistakes in the one today 😓 idk how to stop making them aargh
now ill do japanese listening, hopefully i can finish it before 1
Reply 19
did 1 maths paper, i think i should do the next one tmw morning instead. made a load of silly mistakes in the one today 😓 idk how to stop making them aargh
now ill do japanese listening, hopefully i can finish it before 1

re-did the japanese listening i did before, still didnt manage to understand everything despite reading the transcript on monday ☹️ idk how i'm gonna do the actual listening when i cant do a paper i know the answers to
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending