The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

How to manage exam stress

Now that it’s nearing summer a lot of people will be getting excited, but if you’re currently sitting exams the chances are you aren’t quite feeling summer ready. Exams can be super stressful especially when it comes to stages like A levels but there are some tips to manage some of that stress when things get tense!

I’m sure many of you will have some kind of revision or exam time table and if you don’t then definitely think about making one! Managing your time in periods like this is key as it will stop you getting stressed about being muddled and can ensure you have the right balance! By the time exams are here you’ve done most of the work so spare time is just about recapping what you need to and having sone you time so you’re at your best for your exams and to protect your mental health!

If there’s one thing that I can recommend it would definitely be get planning with friends! The wait between exams and results day is one that I know from personal experience can be nerve wracking but making plans is a great way to fill that time. Not only will it make the wait so much better but it will also be a great reward for all your hard work!

Without wanting to stress anyone out, there is always a chance that maybe things didn’t go the way you hoped. But honestly this isn’t the end of the world and things will work out! Clearing can be a great way to give you different options that can work out better for your personal wants without you realising! Your results don’t define you so be proud of how hard you’ve worked no matter the out come!

If you have any questions feel free to comment them and I can try to help!

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)
(edited 1 month ago)
Im doing my GCSEs rn and i have found that in the mocks it was helpful before getting my grades to write down what I actually would NEED in the summer, not what I wanted but the minimum that i could get, then this to some extent mitigates the disappointment if you get a grade lower than you expected.
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Quick Reply