The Student Room Group

History degree without history a level

I'm going to apply for English and history Hons but i didn't take history in my a levels. Would that raise any problems?
Original post by bookspsychosis
I'm going to apply for English and history Hons but i didn't take history in my a levels. Would that raise any problems?

Not all universities will require an A-Level in History in order to do a History degree. However, do look at the university requirements on the application page. It will usually say the grades required and if there are any subjects required also. Out of curiosity did you do GCSE History as this may help?
Reply 2
Original post by bookspsychosis

Should be fine, take a look at the university's admissions pages, as they will list any required subjects, but lots of universities don't require A-Level History, they only recommend it, Oxford for example doesn't require it.
Original post by simrankc26
Not all universities will require an A-Level in History in order to do a History degree. However, do look at the university requirements on the application page. It will usually say the grades required and if there are any subjects required also. Out of curiosity did you do GCSE History as this may help?

actually I am international student, so I had taken history upto my 10th grade

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending