The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan appeals

I have received a very low maintenance loan (for my first year) and i’m unsure on how to appeal this and what to state on my appeal. Can someone help me with this please?
Original post by Amenah.
I have received a very low maintenance loan (for my first year) and i’m unsure on how to appeal this and what to state on my appeal. Can someone help me with this please?

It is normal to receive an initial award of the minimum loan until your evidence is processed (to make sure that some funding is in places for the start of your course). It is currently taking around 21 working days to process household income evidence, so if you submitted your application recently you need to wait for a revised award letter/email that will be issued when it has been processed.
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
It is normal to receive an initial award of the minimum loan until your evidence is processed (to make sure that some funding is in places for the start of your course). It is currently taking around 21 working days to process household income evidence, so if you submitted your application recently you need to wait for a revised award letter/email that will be issued when it has been processed.

First, thank you for answering my question, it is gratefully appreciated. Second, when do you think is the latest I should appeal my maintenance loan decision (if the amount doesn’t change) as I don’t want to leave it too late.
Original post by Amenah.
First, thank you for answering my question, it is gratefully appreciated. Second, when do you think is the latest I should appeal my maintenance loan decision (if the amount doesn’t change) as I don’t want to leave it too late.

When did you submit household income evidence?
Reply 4
Original post by normaw
When did you submit household income evidence?

13th of May but the day I uploaded my mums marital status documents I received the letter regarding my maintenance loan.
Original post by Amenah.
13th of May but the day I uploaded my mums marital status documents I received the letter regarding my maintenance loan.

Then don't expect to receive notification of the revised amount until at least 12 June. If you haven't heard anything by the week commencing 17 June, then log into your account during office hours (M-F 9-5) and use the online chat function to speak to an adviser. :smile:

Quick Reply