The Student Room Group

Barely able to sleep because of cramps

My period started yesterday and I completely forgot to stay away from gassy foods. Spent the whole of last night rolling in bed in severe pain because I just COULDN’T FART and it felt like there were blades in my insides

I hate how when we have cramps it’s hard to differentiate between poop cramps and menstrual cramps. And the trapped gas just makes everything worse… I hate being a woman. I’m just glad I got my period now, bc this means my next one will be after the second half of my a level exams
Original post by Anonymous
My period started yesterday and I completely forgot to stay away from gassy foods. Spent the whole of last night rolling in bed in severe pain because I just COULDN’T FART and it felt like there were blades in my insides
I hate how when we have cramps it’s hard to differentiate between poop cramps and menstrual cramps. And the trapped gas just makes everything worse… I hate being a woman. I’m just glad I got my period now, bc this means my next one will be after the second half of my a level exams

Have you tried any form of contraception? I'm on the contraception patch and have been for over a year now. No side effects and my periods are so much lighter and less painful. I used to have 8-9 day periods where I could do nothing but lie in bed bc of the pain and they were so irregular. Now I have a 28 day cycle which is accurate every single month. - I recommend it.
I am very sorry to hear that. I know how painful and frustrating the time on your period can be. Please drink some tea, put something warm on your belly and take plenty of rest. You’ll be okay.

Quick Reply

Latest