The Student Room Group

Learning the British Accent?

I have a neutral German accent but I really LOVE the RP accent and want to adopt that. I have been shadowing and mimicking how some British Youtubers speak and have been able to pronounce words like them but I do end up struggling in speaking in full sentences. I feel the British accent is bit more slower than American and I tend to speak quite fast

How can I improve this?
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Try just becoming absorbed in British culture through TV and radio. I’d listen to any of the BBC radio stations if I were you. Please be aware that you should be proud of your German accent and that improving your British accent won’t necessarily have any benefits aside from enjoyment. It’s a really hard thing to do without having spoken the language from birth, but I wish you luck! I’ll mention the radio again, it’s the best way imo.
Original post by TheSturmanator
Try just becoming absorbed in British culture through TV and radio. I’d listen to any of the BBC radio stations if I were you. Please be aware that you should be proud of your German accent and that improving your British accent won’t necessarily have any benefits aside from enjoyment. It’s a really hard thing to do without having spoken the language from birth, but I wish you luck! I’ll mention the radio again, it’s the best way imo.

Thanks
I will listen the radio stations too and hope to improve !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending