The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Sociology Paper 2

hey guys, for anyone who does families, how are you guys revising? I have notes but I feel they aren't detailed enough, also are there any websites you know that have condensed summary notes for this topic? or any revision techniques that are helpful because I keep forgetting what I've been revising. Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by hanni_nj
hey guys, for anyone who does families, how are you guys revising? I have notes but I feel they aren't detailed enough, also are there any websites you know that have condensed summary notes for this topic? or any revision techniques that are helpful because I keep forgetting what I've been revising. Thank you

Mainly using essay questions and revision checklists my school has given me which you can also find online such as tutor2u or quizlet. Tutor2u is also great for videos. Best thing is to memorise key sociologists per topic, know your theories (and that it makes family diversity, policies etc easier).

Best way now is to memorise key concepts (rather than chunks of info) eg New Right>Murray>nanny state>welfare policies etc and then apply those to essay questions (not past paper since those wont come up again)

Also use the tutor2u topic tracker, it shows all areas that have come up - what comes up alot and what hasnt at all - maybe useful to plan revision

Hope this kinda helps! Best of luck!
Reply 2
Original post by fashp23
Mainly using essay questions and revision checklists my school has given me which you can also find online such as tutor2u or quizlet. Tutor2u is also great for videos. Best thing is to memorise key sociologists per topic, know your theories (and that it makes family diversity, policies etc easier).
Best way now is to memorise key concepts (rather than chunks of info) eg New Right>Murray>nanny state>welfare policies etc and then apply those to essay questions (not past paper since those wont come up again)
Also use the tutor2u topic tracker, it shows all areas that have come up - what comes up alot and what hasnt at all - maybe useful to plan revision
Hope this kinda helps! Best of luck!

tysm i had no idea tutor2u had a topic tracker will deffo check that out
Original post by hanni_nj

Mr salles for english (youtube), Cognito for sciences (youtube), UpLearn for maths (website), Tilf for socio (website)!

Quick Reply