Turn on thread page Beta

my aunty's on to me watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i swear everything she says to me is meant nastily lol shes got this thing about my age. She came down to our house and we were watching tennis where this young 17yr old girl was playing and my mum commented that she was younger than me and my aunt said 'oh yeah she's an old timer compared to her!' i don't even play tennis lol. I once told her i couldn't get into a pub cause of no id she replied 'well you look in your 30's id say so don't think you look young' :confused: she's not joking either. Furthermore if somene else in our family does/says something wrong she laugh's but yet she shouts at me.

Is anyone else hated by an aunt lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio~)
    i swear everything she says to me is meant nastily lol shes got this thing about my age. She came down to our house and we were watching tennis where this young 17yr old girl was playing and my mum commented that she was younger than me and my aunt said 'oh yeah she's an old timer compared to her!' i don't even play tennis lol. I once told her i couldn't get into a pub cause of no id she replied 'well you look in your 30's id say so don't think you look young' :confused: she's not joking either. Furthermore if somene else in our family does/says something wrong she laugh's but yet she shouts at me.

Is anyone else hated by an aunt lol?
    Dont you love family? :p: you can always rely on them to boost your confidence cant you :rolleyes:. Strangely enough my Aunts are fine with me, not that I see them much

Have you done anything to offend her?

ReputationRep:
    ohhh im there

all my cousins etc are getting As and are going to get in2 a medicen.............no way i can compete with that

ReputationRep:
    Every self-respecting family needs its put-upon pet.

I'm the black sheep in mine :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    Dont you love family? :p: you can always rely on them to boost your confidence cant you :rolleyes:. Strangely enough my Aunts are fine with me, not that I see them much

Have you done anything to offend her?
    lol
    not really but she thinks my parents spoil me which they have done at times lol and she's constantly telling them not to buy me stuff/do anything for me cause im 19 and grown up etc, so she probably thinks im ungrateful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio~)
    lol
    not really but she thinks my parents spoil me which they have done at times lol and she's constantly telling them not to buy me stuff/do anything for me cause im 19 and grown up etc, so she probably thinks im ungrateful
    Ahh, an auntie of the old school right?

ReputationRep:
    I'd be paying too much attention to the 17 year old tennis player to listen to, or care about, what they're saying.

Just hit her. It'll make things ten times worse, but you'll feel good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhArJ)
    ohhh im there

all my cousins etc are getting As and are going to get in2 a medicen.............no way i can compete with that
    ooo that must be bad
    well her son (my cousin) who's 17 keeps failing/dropping out of exams etc (hes bit of a dosser) and i always seem to scrape by and she constantly comments on how my cousin's really intelligent so would probably do better than me if he wasn't so lazy. That just makes me feel thick since i sometimes work quite hard yet just scrape the grades

ReputationRep:
    My uncle alway commented on my hair..said it was either too long or to freaky/spikey

Evil relatives

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio~)
    ooo that must be bad
    well her son (my cousin) who's 17 keeps failing/dropping out of exams etc (hes bit of a dosser) and i always seem to scrape by and she constantly comments on how my cousin's really intelligent so would probably do better than me if he wasn't so lazy. That just makes me feel thick since i sometimes work quite hard yet just scrape the grades
    And I trust this 'aunt' of yours has O-Levels which translate roughly into binary code?

ReputationRep:
    I have the aunt and cousin problem!!! My aunt and uncle treat me like dirt so much so that i refuse to go and see them/ speak to them now as i know that i would just say something that would really upset my dad. Similarly with my cousns they just pretend i dont exist - which suits me fine really. I have one cousin (who isnt exactly the sharpest knife in the draw if you get what i mean) and who positively loathes me cos i got some decent GCSE's and A levels and am now at uni whereas she is still in a fish finger packing factory despite the fact that she thinks she is ten times brighter than me and is just waiting for a talent coach from america to pick her up - keep dreaming! my other cousins i dont think i have even seen in the last ten years yet they only live about half an hour away (oh there was a funeral last year where half the family sat on one side of the church and half on the other!)
    They always say that you can choose your friends but yoou cant pick your family - how true! :aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    fish-finger packing factory! Hahahaha!

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.