The Student Room Group

RAF fitness test

Hi, I'm applying to join the RAF, and I'm waiting on capita to review my records. (I'm re joining after being out of the military 12years) with regards to the RAF fitness test, can anyone guide me on how the treadmill part is set out? Are you given time to warm up? Are you given time for the treadmill to get up to speed? I can pass the treadmill element of the fitness test, but I'd like to test it being as close to the real thing as possible.
It will probably vary from gym to gym slightly but I was given time to warm up off the treadmill; I was given the option of warming up on my own or with guidance from the PT who was assessing me. They also gave me up to 5 mins on the treadmill to warm up. They recommended just a 5 min walk but said I could do whatever I wanted.

Once the warmup is over though, they stop the treadmill, make sure you are ready, and then as soon as you hit start the test begins; you aren't given any additional allowance for the treadmill to get up to speed. They will tell you what speed to set the treadmill at in order to pass the requirement for your age/gender.

Quick Reply