The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

For accommodation in Durham

As I am going to pursue LLM in Durham University from September. I want to know College or private accommodation, which will be better and cheaper?
It depends on your criteria like locations, catering options, room types and maybe social aspects. For private accommodation, I think it's a bit risky if you cant go viewing
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Samreen khan
As I am going to pursue LLM in Durham University from September. I want to know College or private accommodation, which will be better and cheaper?

Hiya,

Congratulations on your offer! Most students tend to live in college in first year because its guaranteed and a bit more convenient. It's also easier for you to socalise and meet other people and be around people who are going through the same changes as you are. Especially with catered colleges, you don't have to cook which is definitely better for people who don't have the time or don't want to cook. Price wise, it depends on whether you want a catered or self catered college. There are various private accommodations in Durham as well, they can be quite expensive but it also depends on where they are located and your room type. As for which is better, this all depends on what you're looking for and what you want out of University. 🙂

Hope this helps and do let me know if you have any other questions about accommodation.

-Ghala
Original post by Durham Students
Hiya,
Congratulations on your offer! Most students tend to live in college in first year because its guaranteed and a bit more convenient. It's also easier for you to socalise and meet other people and be around people who are going through the same changes as you are. Especially with catered colleges, you don't have to cook which is definitely better for people who don't have the time or don't want to cook. Price wise, it depends on whether you want a catered or self catered college. There are various private accommodations in Durham as well, they can be quite expensive but it also depends on where they are located and your room type. As for which is better, this all depends on what you're looking for and what you want out of University. 🙂
Hope this helps and do let me know if you have any other questions about accommodation.
-Ghala

Thank you so much ! Well I just submitted my three preferences for college accommodation but when I get to chose my preference room

Quick Reply