The Student Room Group

student finance help

i studied at a different university for two semesters and withdrew to change course and university, so my sfe account is confused - they want me to apply with paper but the deadline is 19 may 2023? should i still apply or just wait because my application still says processing
Original post by dprlive_
i studied at a different university for two semesters and withdrew to change course and university, so my sfe account is confused - they want me to apply with paper but the deadline is 19 may 2023? should i still apply or just wait because my application still says processing

Hi there,

If you can't apply online then you should complete the paper form and post this to the address on the back of the form. You have 9 months from the start of the academic year to apply for finance. We give a guideline for new students applying for 24/25 which was 17th of May and continuing students 21st of June to have their finance in place for starting their course.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,
If you can't apply online then you should complete the paper form and post this to the address on the back of the form. You have 9 months from the start of the academic year to apply for finance. We give a guideline for new students applying for 24/25 which was 17th of May and continuing students 21st of June to have their finance in place for starting their course.
Thanks,
Claire

Hi also they are telling me that because i withdrew in the last semester but still got paid i need to repay that loan now- and if not they’ll take it from my next loan in september but is there anyway to pay back the loan at the end of my studies altogether because it makes no sense to pay back my loan right now when i’m still studying?
Hi dprlive_,

I take it you mean that an overpayment has been generated from your previous withdrawal? You can apply to defer this using our Financial Hardship process and can do this every year until you graduate at which point you will be asked to set up a payment plan.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 4
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi dprlive_,
I take it you mean that an overpayment has been generated from your previous withdrawal? You can apply to defer this using our Financial Hardship process and can do this every year until you graduate at which point you will be asked to set up a payment plan.
Thanks,
Calum

thank you so much
Hi dprlive_,

You're welcome, have a nice day :smile:

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply