The Student Room Group

Part time jobs relating to a psychology degree

Hi,
I'm going into my second year of my undergrad degree in psychology, and want to see if its possible to do part time work relating to my degree to build some experience and to hopefully get paid too. Does anyone have any experience related to this?
Thanks!
Original post by Tomvbentham
Hi,
I'm going into my second year of my undergrad degree in psychology, and want to see if its possible to do part time work relating to my degree to build some experience and to hopefully get paid too. Does anyone have any experience related to this?
Thanks!

i worked as a tutor during my undergrad, not really related to psych but good money and easygoing (i used mytutor, gostudent, tutor house there are lots of options). a good idea is working as a healthcare assistant in a psych ward, you can do bank shifts and its good experience for clinical psych. you can also probably volunteer with a charity, we had nightline charity that was always looking for employees. you can normally also pick up shift work as a teaching assistant
Reply 2
Original post by saskiahdltea
i worked as a tutor during my undergrad, not really related to psych but good money and easygoing (i used mytutor, gostudent, tutor house there are lots of options). a good idea is working as a healthcare assistant in a psych ward, you can do bank shifts and its good experience for clinical psych. you can also probably volunteer with a charity, we had nightline charity that was always looking for employees. you can normally also pick up shift work as a teaching assistant

this is really helpful, i'll have a look into these. thank you!

Quick Reply