The Student Room Group

unseen question english paper 2 a level

i do american lit ocr and i don't know what to do about the unseen question. i read the extracts and i don't understand what's happening. when i look at them at home i will spend half an hour reading it and i have no clue what the extract is even about

how on earth do i learn to overcome this
Original post by mymelo
i do american lit ocr and i don't know what to do about the unseen question. i read the extracts and i don't understand what's happening. when i look at them at home i will spend half an hour reading it and i have no clue what the extract is even about

My first tip would be don’t worry, it might sound unhelpful but that’s the first thing I’d to make sure you’re calm. Secondly, if you’re struggling to understand what’s happening look at what text the extract is from and look for a summary of it. Then sit down with a highlighter and pick out things you think are important, the dramatic effects of a literary device eg they make the text suspenseful and dramatic, because of the alliteration or it’s interrogative. Hope this helps :smile: good luck I’m doing American lit too!
Original post by mymelo

Also think about how it links to context

Quick Reply