The Student Room Group

changing course

I have got an approved application for my firmed course starting this September. However, my insurance choice is an undergraduate degree with a foundation year. As it is four years instead of three would I still be entitled to the same amount of maintenance loan per year that I have already been granted for my firm choice course?
Original post by jackcoley_
I have got an approved application for my firmed course starting this September. However, my insurance choice is an undergraduate degree with a foundation year. As it is four years instead of three would I still be entitled to the same amount of maintenance loan per year that I have already been granted for my firm choice course?

Hi Jack,

have you received finance before for a course?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Jack,
have you received finance before for a course?
Thanks,
Claire

No I haven't
No I haven't

Hi Jack,

You'd be eligible for the support for the duration of your new course including the foundation year. You should be able to change the details online if your applications approved.

Thanks,
Ross
Reply 4
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi Jack,
You'd be eligible for the support for the duration of your new course including the foundation year. You should be able to change the details online if your applications approved.
Thanks,
Ross

thank you very much
No I haven't

If you have never had finance before then you should be fine for your new course.
Every student is entitled to funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study.

You can change your application online in your account by clicking on change my application and course details. If you can't change online it will give you the option to print off the change of circumstances form to complete.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply