The Student Room Group

A Level Eduqas English Literature 2024

hey guys , just wondering if anyone here did the eduqas English lit exam last Friday? If so, how did it go??
Reply 1
Original post by shaxxay
hey guys , just wondering if anyone here did the eduqas English lit exam last Friday? If so, how did it go??

I do Chaucer and Hardy-Eliot for Paper 1, I thought the Chaucer wasn't amazing, the whole text essay was nice but I don't think I did very well, and the extract for Placebo was a bit mid. For Hardy-Eliot, I did the appeal to the reader question, which I quite liked but turns out only 1 other person in my year did the same, but I couldn't get into the first one for some reason. Time management was also fine. Overall, rather mid, but getting quite worried about Paper 2 because Drama is my weak point
Reply 2
Original post by shaxxay

I do Rossetti - Larkin/Duffy and, as Rossetti is my absolute favourite part of Literature, it went super well for me (personally). The named poem 'Remember' was an absolute dream and I praise the Eduqas Gods for choosing such a fantastic poem for the 20 marker. Both 40 marker and 60 marker questions were also a delight; I'm very happy with the outcome thus far!
Reply 3
Original post by pjf1215
I do Chaucer and Hardy-Eliot for Paper 1, I thought the Chaucer wasn't amazing, the whole text essay was nice but I don't think I did very well, and the extract for Placebo was a bit mid. For Hardy-Eliot, I did the appeal to the reader question, which I quite liked but turns out only 1 other person in my year did the same, but I couldn't get into the first one for some reason. Time management was also fine. Overall, rather mid, but getting quite worried about Paper 2 because Drama is my weak point

dw I’m sure ur gonna do well on paper 2, and also you’re the first person I’ve heard say their time management is good 😭 any tips on it?
Reply 4
Original post by Joeh_194
I do Rossetti - Larkin/Duffy and, as Rossetti is my absolute favourite part of Literature, it went super well for me (personally). The named poem 'Remember' was an absolute dream and I praise the Eduqas Gods for choosing such a fantastic poem for the 20 marker. Both 40 marker and 60 marker questions were also a delight; I'm very happy with the outcome thus far!

😮*💨😮*💨 literally an A* in the makings
Reply 5
Original post by shaxxay
dw I’m sure ur gonna do well on paper 2, and also you’re the first person I’ve heard say their time management is good 😭 any tips on it?

I did the Hardy-Eliot, so the 60 marker poet comparison first, and stuck to only using an hour on it. I think it helped that I couldn't think of an abundance to say on the Chaucer extract, so I didn't spend more than 20 minutes on that either, also doing the Hardy-Eliot first meant I could think about the Chaucer 40 marker in the background, so I had some initial ideas of what to start with, even if it wasn't amazing. How did it go for you?
Original post by shaxxay

I did Chaucer and Duffy/Larkin and honestly i definitely could have had more time. The Chaucer essay question wasn't the best but I think I did Duffy/Larkin a lot better, although i did struggle with analysis due to timings. Overall as a paper it wasn't the worst exam I did and so i don't think it went too badly
Reply 7
Original post by pjf1215
I did the Hardy-Eliot, so the 60 marker poet comparison first, and stuck to only using an hour on it. I think it helped that I couldn't think of an abundance to say on the Chaucer extract, so I didn't spend more than 20 minutes on that either, also doing the Hardy-Eliot first meant I could think about the Chaucer 40 marker in the background, so I had some initial ideas of what to start with, even if it wasn't amazing. How did it go for you?

That’s acc smart, I might do the 60 marker before the others in the next paper
For me, I think it went alright; I did Milton and Plath/Hughes and personally preferred the Milton question in comparison to the P+H. I got too wrapped up in Milton and ended up rushing the last 40 minutes of the exam on the P+H so im just praying they give me good marks for A02 and 5 at least 😖
Reply 8
Original post by bookdemia
I did Chaucer and Duffy/Larkin and honestly i definitely could have had more time. The Chaucer essay question wasn't the best but I think I did Duffy/Larkin a lot better, although i did struggle with analysis due to timings. Overall as a paper it wasn't the worst exam I did and so i don't think it went too badly

Exactly, I hate that they give us such little time to actually think in the exam 😠 since GCSE timing has been my worst enemy

Quick Reply