The Student Room Group

Driving Test

I recently failed my driving test unfortunately. I didn’t have a great examiner, he made me feel unsettled and really nervous from the moment I met him. I’m looking to rebook my test through cancellations. So far I have been able to book it again, my instructor is saying for that date, I will have the same examiner. I would prefer not to, as I feel as though he wasn’t kind and made my driving test worse than it should’ve been. I have another date, which is the day before the one I currently have, that I could possibly do. However, the test would be at 7:30 but I have an a level exam in the afternoon at 1:30. Any advice in which date I should choose?
Reply 1
I think an early morning driving test and an A level on the same day is too much. Might be better the devil you know with the driving instructor. A fair proportion of them are probably miserable gits anyway. Good luck
Original post by Zarek
I think an early morning driving test and an A level on the same day is too much. Might be better the devil you know with the driving instructor. A fair proportion of them are probably miserable gits anyway. Good luck

Yes I’m thinking the same thing. Although I would definitely prefer my instructor to be in the car as well, this examiner doesn’t allow additional people in the car
Reply 3
Original post by ab0411
Yes I’m thinking the same thing. Although I would definitely prefer my instructor to be in the car as well, this examiner doesn’t allow additional people in the car

I don’t believe individual examiners can make a decision on the instructor being present. It is allowed within test protocol
Original post by Zarek
I don’t believe individual examiners can make a decision on the instructor being present. It is allowed within test protocol

Yeah but he didn’t give me the option on my test and my instructor had said that he wouldn’t allow it because of Covid protocol so I’m not too sure
Reply 5
Original post by ab0411
Yeah but he didn’t give me the option on my test and my instructor had said that he wouldn’t allow it because of Covid protocol so I’m not too sure
Covid restrictions have been lifted now. Maybe your instructor just doesn’t like doing it. If you want to be accompanied have a serious chat with them about it
Original post by Zarek
Covid restrictions have been lifted now. Maybe your instructor just doesn’t like doing it. If you want to be accompanied have a serious chat with them about it

Maybe although she did tell me that she was happy to. And she has told me stories about other driving tests that she has sat in. Not sure if the examiner is just particular and grumpy lol
Original post by username7075671

Examiners cannot refuse to have an accompanying driver in the car. In fact they should always ask you at the start if you want someone to go with you.

Quick Reply