The Student Room Group

Anyone here applying or working in Machine Learning Field.

Currently i am doing Masters in Computer Science, Looking to connect with people with similar interest.
Original post by Moiz10
Currently i am doing Masters in Computer Science, Looking to connect with people with similar interest.

I don't intend to go into machine learning per se, but I am doing nonacademic courses and watching YouTube videos on ML so it would help me with research later down the line. Not sure if this applies to me though.
Reply 2
But i guess, you should have At least certification or Degree to secure a job. If you can write few applications to demonstrate your abilities that would also help you.
Original post by Moiz10
But i guess, you should have At least certification or Degree to secure a job. If you can write few applications to demonstrate your abilities that would also help you.

Thanks.

I intend to do degrees in Chemistry and Physics, which should cover most of the programming and the basics of the machine learning content. The further studies were to fill any gaps.

I would rather avoid doing more degrees if I can, since I intend to do multiple masters' on top as I already am. There were a few MScs that I thought I might apply to if they only last 1 year and that I can do them on the cheap e.g. £1000 or less, but they won't be in ML specifically (more so computer science or data science).

Since the jobs that I intend to go into are in research (postgrad and PhD), the traditional jobs in industry aren't what I am going for anyway. To my knowledge, there is only a couple of professional certifications that could possibly help in my situation.

How's your MSc in CS? Is it a conversion course or does it build on what you have studied in your undergrad?

Quick Reply