The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Does Glasgow have a small kitchen that visitors can use?

I'm a student at Dundee who's going to be in Glasgow tomorrow, and in our computing building we have a tiny little kitchen with a fridge, a microwave, a sink and a kettle. The building is also completely open to visitors so anyone can use the kitchen, student or not. I was just wondering if there's something similar in Glasgow where I could bring and heat up my own lunch tomorrow because I find it so much more convenient than spending literal hours trying to decide what to buy (and yes I do have a food flask but I'm using it for breakfast on the bus, that's what I need a sink for) like I usually do when I'm trying to buy lunch.

And if there aren't any places I could heat it up, uh... £10 for the first person to do it for me?
Original post by catri0na
I'm a student at Dundee who's going to be in Glasgow tomorrow, and in our computing building we have a tiny little kitchen with a fridge, a microwave, a sink and a kettle. The building is also completely open to visitors so anyone can use the kitchen, student or not. I was just wondering if there's something similar in Glasgow where I could bring and heat up my own lunch tomorrow because I find it so much more convenient than spending literal hours trying to decide what to buy (and yes I do have a food flask but I'm using it for breakfast on the bus, that's what I need a sink for) like I usually do when I'm trying to buy lunch.
And if there aren't any places I could heat it up, uh... £10 for the first person to do it for me?

Don't think so, however there are several really nice cafe's throughout the campus, there's a cheap but rather unhealthy chinese place at the qmu, and a really nice cafe that serves cheap soup and toasties underneath the church.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by catri0na

The JMS (james mccune smith learning hub) has open kitchens in levels 4 and 6 (check on the sign by the elevators just to be sure). It's right down university ave. street. A bit late to answer this but hope it helps

Quick Reply