The Student Room Group

Can I choose a uni course unrelated to that course with any Btec L3 extended diploma?

For example, can I apply for a computer engineering course with a Btec health and social care level 3 extended diploma?
Reply 1
Hi, that largely depends on the university you apply for. Some unis have foundation years and others don't accept BTEC qualifications at all whereas others might for the same course. There are also Access courses you can take if you don't have the required subject/s. For computer engineering at some unis I don't think a level 3 H&SC extended diploma would be accepted as you'd need subjects like maths and physics.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by şirin
For example, can I apply for a computer engineering course with a Btec health and social care level 3 extended diploma?

Hi there!

It would depend where you wanted to apply and what course you want to do. To use your example, at Edge Hill you would definitely be able to apply for computer engineering with a health and social care BTEC. There are no specific subject requirements for a good amount of the degrees at Edge Hill. It is always worth checking what requirements are and even with degrees in which you do need specific subjects, there can sometimes be the option of sending in a piece of work to demonstrate your knowledge on the subject.

I hope this helped! 😃

Emily
Second Year Creative Writing Student

I hope this
CS requires Maths at most Unis - either A level or a high GCSE grade.

Quick Reply