The Student Room Group

GCSE triple science VS gcse combined science

can I revise triple science topics if I do combine science.

I’ve been revising for about an hour now watching videos, taking notes and doing practice questions. But I’ve only just realised that the videos are for triple science. I know that with triple science you 3 GCSEs and with combined you only get 2, but I was wondering, does me revising the triple science content apply to combined aswell? I have quite a few friends who do triple and they say they’re learning the same thing as me just at different times and in more depth than I am, so I’m still wondering, will it make a difference if I’m revising triple content?
They mostly do the same things but with some things added on and like you said more in depth. The revision will be mostly the same tho so don't stress about it
Reply 2
yeah if ur doing combined i wouldnt bother learning the triple stuff but only a couple things are diff and its not a big difference
Reply 3
Original post by Ilovemygf.
I’ve been revising for about an hour now watching videos, taking notes and doing practice questions. But I’ve only just realised that the videos are for triple science. I know that with triple science you 3 GCSEs and with combined you only get 2, but I was wondering, does me revising the triple science content apply to combined aswell? I have quite a few friends who do triple and they say they’re learning the same thing as me just at different times and in more depth than I am, so I’m still wondering, will it make a difference if I’m revising triple content?

There are some topics that won't even come up such as the brain won't come up on biology paper 2 as it's on triple content.
Reply 4
Original post by Ilovemygf.

I honestly would not bother as you’re just learning more things you’re not going to be assessed on. There’s no point learning extra content if it’s not going to come up 4 u. Triple science is just the same things but mre in depth and there like one extra topic here and there (e.g triple science has astronomy )
Reply 5
Original post by lem0n4de
I honestly would not bother as you’re just learning more things you’re not going to be assessed on. There’s no point learning extra content if it’s not going to come up 4 u. Triple science is just the same things but mre in depth and there like one extra topic here and there (e.g triple science has astronomy )

Physics you are worried learning about space when it doesnt come up is going to put you behind
if you study the bolded syllabus statements those won't come up at all in paper 1 and you won't be credited for knowing any of it. regardless, I recommend studying it on the side if you're interested and have free time so you go more in depth and are more prepared if u want to study sciences in sixth form

Quick Reply