The Student Room Group

help me please

How do i achieve the best possible grades at A-level in general but also for the subjects bio (aqa) chemistry (ocr A) and psychology (aqa) and core maths aqa especially as i dont know any websites useful for any of these especially core maths and even what the content is like (aqa core maths). ive not a clue what i want to do but ik i want A*s so please any advice
Cognito for sciences on youtube and Tilf website for psycho - you get feedback and accurate AI marking on your essays based on AQA
Reply 2
Original post by sarahchrysan
Cognito for sciences on youtube and Tilf website for psycho - you get feedback and accurate AI marking on your essays based on AQA

oooo is it free tho :')
Original post by phob17
oooo is it free tho :')

no sight! like all the good tools they are not free. I think you get one free submission on Tilf and then you can refer friends and get another 3 free submissions for each friend. Otherwise it's 10£ a month or if you use the promo code from Mr salles!
hi! I take Biology, Chem and Maths, all for AQA (can’t help you with psych, sorry!) For Biology, Mrs Estruch on YouTube is fantastic. Physics and Maths Tutor have hundreds of questions for all subjects - this is important in making sure you get good grades as you can not rely on just memorising content. I would also say to get the Biology with Olivia Notes - they follow the spec and are really good to learn from. The notes are also answers to common exam questions, which is vital for AQA especially as AQA Biology mark schemes tend to be very specific.

Although I do not do OCR chemistry, chemrevise is a great website which has notes for every chem topic. I believe they have notes for the different exam boards, so do check them out. Memorising these notes would bump your grade up for sure. They also have a practical guide. I would also recommend chemguide - another good website which breaks everything down for you. Again, use PMT for exam questions to practice. On YouTube, Allery Chemistry and Elliot Rintoul are amazing channels to learn from.
Reply 5
I do bio and chem! Both Edexcel tho but the same concept applies.

I do lots of past papers and questions. Then make flashcards of any ones I got wrong.

You'll start to notice a trend of questions you get wrong OR don't know the answers to. I use save my exams to revise this content. I make very CONCISE notes then make questions from the notes and turn those into flashcards.

If you really don't know any of the topic, I use freesciencelessons to revise bio. Freesciencelessons and allery chemistry (idk how to spell it sorry) for chem. + The textbook and save my exams. Also try asking your friends.

After the flashcards and revision, do topic specific questions to make sure you've understood.

Then keep repeating the papers and flashcards until you reach your exams. Good luck! :smile:)
Reply 6
Original post by Ajhdhd
I do bio and chem! Both Edexcel tho but the same concept applies.
I do lots of past papers and questions. Then make flashcards of any ones I got wrong.
You'll start to notice a trend of questions you get wrong OR don't know the answers to. I use save my exams to revise this content. I make very CONCISE notes then make questions from the notes and turn those into flashcards.
If you really don't know any of the topic, I use freesciencelessons to revise bio. Freesciencelessons and allery chemistry (idk how to spell it sorry) for chem. + The textbook and save my exams. Also try asking your friends.
After the flashcards and revision, do topic specific questions to make sure you've understood.
Then keep repeating the papers and flashcards until you reach your exams. Good luck! :smile:)

I also do Edexcel maths. You just have to do TONS of questions. That's the only way to get good at it.

When I don't understand I use YouTube (I think his name is Zeeshan?). Save my exams too but I only find that good for stats.

Quick Reply