The Student Room Group

Urgent politics a level help

GUYS i have absolutely fd up i never used to pay attention in my politics lessons i’ve got paper 2 in a few days idk whats on it and how to revise I’m literally panicking so much i’m going to get a U in this subject and idek where to start my revision.. Please could someone help me out..
Reply 1
Id say don't bother hardcore revising what came up last year.

Plan as many 9 markers as possible.

A lot of stuff will follow the same kind of concepts as the UK (e.g relevance of third parties) but one country will always do it a little different (here third parties matter more for representation, whereas there they have a history of 'spoiling elections'.

Make sure you have modern and historic evidence for every part of the spec. Or as much as you can in the time you have.

Remember to write about provenance in depth (don't just say it shows bias) think about who wrote it, where they work, education levels and how that would affect their opinion etc

Know limitations of your examples
E.g Limitations of federalism like their response to the COVID pandemic. The lines between federal and state power were heavily blurred.

Hope it goes well!
Reply 2
Original post by Ajhdhd
Id say don't bother hardcore revising what came up last year.
Plan as many 9 markers as possible.
A lot of stuff will follow the same kind of concepts as the UK (e.g relevance of third parties) but one country will always do it a little different (here third parties matter more for representation, whereas there they have a history of 'spoiling elections'.
Make sure you have modern and historic evidence for every part of the spec. Or as much as you can in the time you have.
Remember to write about provenance in depth (don't just say it shows bias) think about who wrote it, where they work, education levels and how that would affect their opinion etc
Know limitations of your examples
E.g Limitations of federalism like their response to the COVID pandemic. The lines between federal and state power were heavily blurred.
Hope it goes well!

thank you but where can i find the spec for paper 2 im doing aqa and what will be on there what sort of topics many thanks
Reply 3
Original post by alzhusss16
thank you but where can i find the spec for paper 2 im doing aqa and what will be on there what sort of topics many thanks

It's the UK US comparison paper.

Look on the AQA website for the spec.

If you're trying to ask for predictions I have no idea sorry you'll have to look at past papers for a pattern 🫡

Quick Reply