The Student Room Group

Student finance household assessment

So I just got my student finance approved but I was wondering about one thing. I applied for the lowest amount for a maintenance loan since I have my trust fund and should be getting a bursary at uni. But if they never did a household assessment (since I didn’t ask for a maintenance loan based on household income) how will the university know I am applicable for a bursary? I also applied for some scholarships that similarly rely on a household assessment and am a bit worried about it.
Original post by waffelton
So I just got my student finance approved but I was wondering about one thing. I applied for the lowest amount for a maintenance loan since I have my trust fund and should be getting a bursary at uni. But if they never did a household assessment (since I didn’t ask for a maintenance loan based on household income) how will the university know I am applicable for a bursary? I also applied for some scholarships that similarly rely on a household assessment and am a bit worried about it.

You usually need to be eligible for the maximum maintenance loan to be eligible for bursaries. You can amend your application and submit household income evidence now and then decline the additional amount once you have applied for a bursary (but do check the T&Cs of the bursary as it might be a requirement to be receiving the higher amount).

Quick Reply