The Student Room Group

child nursing entry requirements at kings college london

Hello, I’m currently doing my level 3 health and social care extended diploma. My grades are looking to be between A-A* for first year, and hopefully an overall A* at the end of the course.

The only concern I have is with getting into certain universities. The exam board of my course is NCFE Cache.

Most russell uni entry requirements including kcl and a few others I want to attend only have the pearson and cambridge version of this course listed in their entry requirements. Mine can be converted into ucas points but that is not accepted.

i’m unsure if it could be considered as an equivalent or related subject? can someone please help. I do know there are other universities that do accept my course but I would like to consider my options properly so if there is any possibility of these being allowed, it would help.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by xmzya
Hello, I’m currently doing my level 3 health and social care extended diploma. My grades are looking to be between A-A* for first year, and hopefully an overall A* at the end of the course.
The only concern I have is with getting into certain universities. The exam board of my course is NCFE Cache.
Most russell uni entry requirements including kcl and a few others I want to attend only have the pearson and cambridge version of this course listed in their entry requirements. Mine can be converted into ucas points but that is not accepted.
i’m unsure if it could be considered as an equivalent or related subject? can someone please help. I do know there are other universities that do accept my course but I would like to consider my options properly so if there is any possibility of these being allowed, it would help.

KCL website says they accept BTEC or CTEC at DDD, so it is possible they will accept the NCFE also but just don't list it. Your best bet is to email them and ask.
Reply 2
Original post by bamtutor
KCL website says they accept BTEC or CTEC at DDD, so it is possible they will accept the NCFE also but just don't list it. Your best bet is to email them and ask.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. I emailed them a few days ago and they gave a very vague response about considering all applicants that answered nothing. They basically just said to check the entry requirements on their website again so that didn’t really help.
(edited 1 month ago)
I'm sure they should accept you with your grades. I didn't see them being picky with exam board when I applied a few years ago

Quick Reply