The Student Room Group

Mammography

Hi, I'm interested in starting a career in mammography right after finishing my three-year undergraduate degree in Diagnostic Radiography. I also wanted to know if having a 2:1, 2:2 or 1st is required to get into this field. Are there specific grade requirements, or is it more about the interview, talking to mammographers on placement and showing a genuine interest in mammography?

Thank you.
Original post by cherry12654
Hi, I'm interested in starting a career in mammography right after finishing my three-year undergraduate degree in Diagnostic Radiography. I also wanted to know if having a 2:1, 2:2 or 1st is required to get into this field. Are there specific grade requirements, or is it more about the interview, talking to mammographers on placement and showing a genuine interest in mammography?

Thank you.

The following is quoted from: https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/explore-roles/wider-healthcare-team/roles-wider-healthcare-team/clinical-support-staff/mammographer

The training programme is typically a one-year postgraduate certificate or diploma at level 7 that combines academic learning with clinical training. You'll apply for your postgraduate training in mammography via an employer who will sponsor your course at their preferred training provider eg the local university. Your employer will also ensure you have access to the clinical practice in mammography needed for the course.

Quick Reply