The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Computing requirements for T271 & T272 Open University

Hi all, could anybody give some guidance on why the OU modules T271 & T272 (Core Engineering A&B) and further modules state that MacOS is not acceptable. Up to now in the OU I have been fine with my Macbook and it is not that old. When contacting the OU they was not very helpful and did not really answer my question as to why I cannot use Macbook with MacOS. I want to make sure that I am able to study but I do not want to go out and purchase a new Laptop/PC for the sake of it.

Could anybody please advise on this or any students who have studied these modules answer as to why MacOS is not compatible.

Thanks
Hi all, could anybody give some guidance on why the OU modules T271 & T272 (Core Engineering A&B) and further modules state that MacOS is not acceptable. Up to now in the OU I have been fine with my Macbook and it is not that old. When contacting the OU they was not very helpful and did not really answer my question as to why I cannot use Macbook with MacOS. I want to make sure that I am able to study but I do not want to go out and purchase a new Laptop/PC for the sake of it.

Could anybody please advise on this or any students who have studied these modules answer as to why MacOS is not compatible.

Thanks

This could be do to the software requirements. It does say in the module description that MacOS is unsuitable but doesn't state why. I've not studied the module so can't help there unfortunately
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
This could be do to the software requirements. It does say in the module description that MacOS is unsuitable but doesn't state why. I've not studied the module so can't help there unfortunately

I asked this question to student support and got a very vague and generic answer. I only got my Macbook around 2 years ago so do not want to replace it.

Quick Reply