Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have accepted manchester as my firm for history, with their offer of A(hist)AB.
    leeds and royal holloway have both offered BBB. i'm not entirely sure which one to go for though. which one has a better reputation? i know this shouldnt be a deciding factor, we've all heard it all before, but lets face it, it is. for those who go to these unis..what are they like in terms of nightlife? ive visited leeds, but not royal holloway.

ReputationRep:
    I say Royal Holloway - it's the equal of Leeds academically, and on top of that has the advantage of being part of the prestigious University of London. I definitely suggest having a look round! The only drawback is that being in Egham, there isn't as much nightlife than if it was in a big city such as Leeds. The only club really close by is the Union - but having said that, London is only 30-40 minutes away by train, and NADS (the nightclub and drinking society) organises trips to clubs there and in towns such as Windsor/Staines. Join some clubs/societies and you won't have a problem with your social life. The Union at RHUL is particularly good, by the way, and has an award-winning radio station. The campus is mostly very beautiful (which is more than can be said for Leeds!), and includes the stunning Founder's Building. Oh yes, and there are plenty of Music groups of a high standard, if you're into that sort of thing (eg. I'm in the Symphony Orchestra, the Chamber Orchestra and the String Orchestra).

Apart from the slight lack of nightlife, the only other thing you really need to take into consideration is the fact that it's quite a small university, unlike Leeds, which I believe is the biggest university in the country.

I'm here in the second year at RHUL, and am having a great time!

ReputationRep:
    Leeds is a good university but id say Royal Holloway definately.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.