The Student Room Group

Why are there no NSFW filters on this app?

I’m honestly really concerned about the pairs I’m seeing about more mature topics that would be classified as “NSFW”. This is so troubling because the majority of ppl on this app are minors and young adults, and I feel like there should be some kind of filter/ spoiler kind of thing because I came to this app to get more advice on studying, not to be disturbed about these kind of topics. It’s really off putting and doesn’t sit right with me knowing that there are so many unsuspecting minors on this app (who probably lied about their age when signing up) and these kind of posts still exist. If this feature does exist, please tell me about it! I feel like the TSR team should make this feature more known if it does exist / and if not make something like it!!!
Reply 1
Stick to the study forums and you won't see anything untoward!

This site can be the only safe place young people can ask certain questions, so it's not helpful to cut them off.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
Stick to the study forums and you won't see anything untoward!
This site can be the only safe place young people can ask certain questions, so it's not helpful to cut them off.

I understand but at the end of the day it’s going to come up no matter how much I avoid it… and yes it can be a safe space, but it can’t just be a safe space for those asking questions, but also for those who just don’t want to see that kind of content . Plus, it is not “cutting them off”. There should just be some kind of spoiler, so that those who are willing to help can see it, but those who don’t want to can just keep scrolling and ignore. Kind of similar to what’s on Reddit.
yes i would also like to say that i am a GCSE student and i continuously see very uncomfortable content, i stick to only study forums but it always comes up and when i search something up, it will always come up with very disturbing threads.
Since this is the student room, i feel that it should be used for studying, general life issues, not this content which could be posted on reddit or discord etc..
Another reason why I think TSR should add the ability for users to be able to mute certain forums like you can on many other modern day forums (but it doesn’t look like TSR will do this).

Even if I post there occasionally, I’d like to at times be able to mute the relationships forum from being able to appear on my feed for example. I’d imagine that there’s some other content or forums that people find sensitive or annoying to see (e.g forum games (given how much I post there and what this website is mainly about) and D&CA (seen other users complain about this section)) so it would be nice if people could mute those forums so that it doesn’t appear on their personal feed if that’s what they’d like to do.

Quick Reply