The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Is it possible to visit Exeter during their open day without having booked.

I'm thinking of applying to Exeter next year and would like to attend the open day happening tomorrow, but I forgot to book ahead of time. Bookings are now closed as the limit for people has passed. If I went down on the train anyway, would I be able to attend talks and get into the departments? Basically would it be a worthwhile experience?

Also if anyone has booked but is unable to go and would be able to transfer their ticket to me I would be very grateful.
Probably won't be able to go in anywhere without booking as there are likely capacity limits for the lecture theatres etc.

Although the campus is open to the public so you could walk around the campus itself and undoubtedly talk to some of the open day volunteers posted around there.

That said visiting the campus and getting a feel for what it's like is probably the more valuable part of the experience than listening to a talk about your planned degree programme.

Might be worth seeing if they have any other open days planned coming up though that you can register for ahead of time though.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by parzival86
I'm thinking of applying to Exeter next year and would like to attend the open day happening tomorrow, but I forgot to book ahead of time. Bookings are now closed as the limit for people has passed. If I went down on the train anyway, would I be able to attend talks and get into the departments? Basically would it be a worthwhile experience?
Also if anyone has booked but is unable to go and would be able to transfer their ticket to me I would be very grateful.

Hi Parzival86,

As the previous commenter has said, you won’t be able to attend any talks as you’ve unfortunately missed the deadline. We do have open days planned for the autumn depending on when you’re interested in applying however. But regardless, it’s good to come and get a view of the campus and the city. I didn’t attend any open days due to Covid, but a family friend who was a student took me around the campus anyway!

All the best,

Jen

University of Exeter student ambassador

Quick Reply