The Student Room Group

ETH Zurich -Chem eng

Hi, I am currently in year 12 in England and looking at university I was interested in ETH Zurich but I am a bit confused on the entry requirements and specific alevels needed and how to apply
Original post by zk1658
Hi, I am currently in year 12 in England and looking at university I was interested in ETH Zurich but I am a bit confused on the entry requirements and specific alevels needed and how to apply

Hello,
I was going to suggest looking at the website but after doing so myself I realised the information is really hard to find.
I have however found some information about entry requirements.
I believe they require at least three A Levels if not more or with AS.
As well as this they often require maths, a science and a language.
It is very unclear though so I would suggest emailing the university, they have contact information and they will definitely be able to speak English so should answer your question even if it takes some time.

As well as this I would recommend looking at language requirements because most bachelor courses in Switzerland or Germany normally begin in German and may go on to continue in English but may also not.
I would suggest also asking about this if you decide to email the university because I know that many universities require either C1 or C2 language requirements for German as the course will be in this language and is often not in English.
If you don't speak German then perhaps doing a masters after your bachelors (in the UK maybe) in Europe maybe better as often Masters degrees are in English.

I hope this is helpful and you manage to find the information you are looking for.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply