The Student Room Group

Required Practical Questions Science

Hello, I have my Year 10 Mocks coming up soon and I was just wondering if there was a website where I could find all of the model answers for the Required Practicals in Science. I do Triple Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. I was also wondering if one of these comes up as a 6 mark question in all of the papers or if there is perhaps multiple questions about different parts of the Required Practicals? Thank you!
Being honest I don't know much about triple but I would reccomed going through past papers looking at the various big mark questions and maybe using educake or seneca if you have them. And if you have the gcse books go through then also
Original post by abi.x111
Hello, I have my Year 10 Mocks coming up soon and I was just wondering if there was a website where I could find all of the model answers for the Required Practicals in Science. I do Triple Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. I was also wondering if one of these comes up as a 6 mark question in all of the papers or if there is perhaps multiple questions about different parts of the Required Practicals? Thank you!

Have you looked at past papers and mark schemes?
Original post by abi.x111

If I'm understanding your question correctly, then yes there can be 6-markers asking you to give a method/plan an investigation for a required practical (or a similar experiment) but there can also be lots of mini a) b) c) etc. questions on them. For example, for biology microscopy, I remember I did a past paper where the question asked for the reason why you lowered the cover slip at an angle and only used one layer of onion cells.

Basically, they can ask you to write a method (including control variables) suggest reasons why you have to do each step, the independent/dependent/control variables, plot data/draw a line of best fit for the graphs, interpret/describe/explain the graphs, calculate the mean/specific data from a table or suggest improvements for each practical to make them valid.

It may seem like a lot, but if you do some past papers you can see that what the exam writers really do is follow a specific formula!
Reply 4
Original post by Super Sprinkles
If I'm understanding your question correctly, then yes there can be 6-markers asking you to give a method/plan an investigation for a required practical (or a similar experiment) but there can also be lots of mini a) b) c) etc. questions on them. For example, for biology microscopy, I remember I did a past paper where the question asked for the reason why you lowered the cover slip at an angle and only used one layer of onion cells.
Basically, they can ask you to write a method (including control variables) suggest reasons why you have to do each step, the independent/dependent/control variables, plot data/draw a line of best fit for the graphs, interpret/describe/explain the graphs, calculate the mean/specific data from a table or suggest improvements for each practical to make them valid.
It may seem like a lot, but if you do some past papers you can see that what the exam writers really do is follow a specific formula!

Thanks sm!

Quick Reply