The Student Room Group

WJEC GCSE geography

Hey all!
I'm currently in Yr10, fast approaching mocks. I'm doing GCSE geography, exam board WJEC.
Unfortunately due to staff long term illness I haven't had a geography teacher for about 9 months of the year, just constant supply.
I've been looking at the specification etc for the course, and have found out that there are WJEC GCSE geography A and WJEC GCSE geography B.
Our textbooks at school that we currently use say B on, but I'm wondering if these A and Bs are the same course, or two separate courses?
Also- any advice on how to revise geography content? Can't find many resources for the WJEC exam board unfortunately.
Thanks for reading, any advice is much appreciated!
Original post by Poppywhiteeee
Hey all!
I'm currently in Yr10, fast approaching mocks. I'm doing GCSE geography, exam board WJEC.
Unfortunately due to staff long term illness I haven't had a geography teacher for about 9 months of the year, just constant supply.
I've been looking at the specification etc for the course, and have found out that there are WJEC GCSE geography A and WJEC GCSE geography B.
Our textbooks at school that we currently use say B on, but I'm wondering if these A and Bs are the same course, or two separate courses?
Also- any advice on how to revise geography content? Can't find many resources for the WJEC exam board unfortunately.
Thanks for reading, any advice is much appreciated!

A and B are two separate courses - so if your textbooks say B then look at the spec for B
You can use other exam boards resources but make sure they are applicable to your course e.g. AQA do tectonics and certain case studies, i know sure WJEC doesn't
I do WJEC geography and i use this textbook
Original post by contaminated-cop
A and B are two separate courses - so if your textbooks say B then look at the spec for B
You can use other exam boards resources but make sure they are applicable to your course e.g. AQA do tectonics and certain case studies, i know sure WJEC doesn't
I do WJEC geography and i use this textbook

Thanks so much for your help! I've purchased the textbook :smile:

Quick Reply