The Student Room Group

Can I cancel my 2024-2025 student finance application and restart it?

So, when it comes to getting my parents to support my application, my mum isn’t very good at technology. So I usually sort her account out for her, and just let her fill in her details. Well, I have tried searching for my application on her account using my customer reference number, dob etc, and it just says the application can’t be found because the students details don’t match hers. I realised that this might be because I forgot to put her middle name down on my application, because I didn’t realise her middle name is on her sfe account. If I were to cancel my application and restart it so that I could put her middle name, can I do this without any issues? I have been looking at this for the last 3 days, and it’s been stressful to say the least.
Hi Meghan,
if there was a name missing this will be why you can't link together. To resolve this, your Mother would need to complete a paper PFF2 form which can be located under the 'form finder' section online or by clicking this link https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/support-your-child-or-partners-student-finance-application-2024-to-2025

Once it's completed, you can upload it to your online account via the upload evidence section.
Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi Meghan,
if there was a name missing this will be why you can't link together. To resolve this, your Mother would need to complete a paper PFF2 form which can be located under the 'form finder' section online or by clicking this link https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/support-your-child-or-partners-student-finance-application-2024-to-2025
Once it's completed, you can upload it to your online account via the upload evidence section.
Thanks, Ross

Hi thanks for your response, I have a few questions:

Would she have to print this form off to fill it out or is there a way to fill it out online? And would she have to post this form to SLC as well, or can she just attach it to my application? Last year she sent off a paper form by post and it took a lot longer to be processed, and I am worried about the deadline by the end of June.
Hi Meghann23,

The form can be completed digitally and then you can upload it through your online account. It is currently taking around 26 working days to review.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 4
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Meghann23,
The form can be completed digitally and then you can upload it through your online account. It is currently taking around 26 working days to review.
Thanks,
Calum

Hi, just to double check, I should upload it to my student finance account, and not my mother’s? Apologies for all the questions, just really don’t want to make a mistake that would delay my application even more
Hi Meghann23,

This form can be uploaded through either account.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 6
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Meghann23,
This form can be uploaded through either account.
Thanks,
Calum

Hi, we are currently filling out this form. We just wondered if it matters whether or not we put my mother’s middle name on the form, since I’ve not put it on my application? Do they need to match or did it only matter when searching for an application?
Original post by Meghann23
Hi, we are currently filling out this form. We just wondered if it matters whether or not we put my mother’s middle name on the form, since I’ve not put it on my application? Do they need to match or did it only matter when searching for an application?

Hi Meghann,

You can include her middle name if you want - it won't cause any problems, rest assured.

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Meghann23
Hi, just to double check, I should upload it to my student finance account, and not my mother’s? Apologies for all the questions, just really don’t want to make a mistake that would delay my application even more

Yes, that's right - uploading it on your account is the best way, rest assured.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply