The Student Room Group

How do I apply for extra time for exams

So my GP advised me to go through the private route for extra time as the normal route is a lot longer. Who do I contact for this as I have a somewhat decent case of why I think I should get it for exams
Original post by Anonymous
So my GP advised me to go through the private route for extra time as the normal route is a lot longer. Who do I contact for this as I have a somewhat decent case of why I think I should get it for exams

You need to talk to the school SENDCo - what SEN do you suspect you have?
Surely your school will have to assess you? Regardless if they recommend your for extra time externally, I’m pretty sure your school will also have to test you (or at least my school did). Maybe ask the GP for some places to get tested. Best of luck.
Reply 3
Original post by fayebarnard06
Surely your school will have to assess you? Regardless if they recommend your for extra time externally, I’m pretty sure your school will also have to test you (or at least my school did). Maybe ask the GP for some places to get tested. Best of luck.

Hi I'm resitting my a levels at a private exam centre and will only be going for exams as I can't afford their lessons aswel. Any ideas where else I can go I have the ucat in August so wanted everything sorted ASAP
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
You need to talk to the school SENDCo - what SEN do you suspect you have?

Hi I'm resitting my a levels at a private exam centre and will only be going for exams as I can't afford their lessons aswel. Any ideas where else I can go I have the ucat in August so wanted everything sorted ASAP

I doubt anything can be sorted that quickly. Did the doctor give you any infornation as to where to go next?
Reply 6
I know someone who failed the school tests in Y9 on purpose so they get extra time now.
Reply 7
Original post by Muttley79
I doubt anything can be sorted that quickly. Did the doctor give you any infornation as to where to go next?
They told me to check the circle group and right to choose they're both private and she wrote up a letter aswel
Original post by hh1209
I know someone who failed the school tests in Y9 on purpose so they get extra time now.

That shoulldn't have been enough evidence - the issue has to have been ongoing. [I have been a SENDCo]
Reply 9

You need to get tested by an educational psychologist!!!
Original post by chrism22
You need to get tested by an educational psychologist!!!

Where would I go for this?
Where would I go for this?

If you are going private- research educational psychologists in your area! hope you get the help !!!

Quick Reply