The Student Room Group

A-level biology (OCR A), geography and psychology (AQA) - what's the best resources?

With GCSEs, it became a bit of a mess trying to find good content - I figured out what worked along the way, ending up juggling different books, YouTube channels and various other websites.
I really want to be prepared this time, because I know how much more important it will be to get into my dream university!

I describe myself as a bit of a visual learner, and I gravitate towards videos a lot. I'd also say I find flashcards the most effective, but I hate making them. I suppose I'd rather spend my time using it instead of having to write everything out neatly - my handwriting isn't great /:
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
Original post by vee.hmm
With GCSEs, it became a bit of a mess trying to find good content - I figured out what worked along the way, ending up juggling different books, YouTube channels and various other websites.
I really want to be prepared this time, because I know how much more important it will be to get into my dream university!
I describe myself as a bit of a visual learner, and I gravitate towards videos a lot. I'd also say I find flashcards the most effective, but I hate making them. I suppose I'd rather spend my time using it instead of having to write everything out neatly - my handwriting isn't great /:

I'm pretty sure the exam boards are that, but there is the possibility it'll change. Should I switch any of them?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by vee.hmm

For geography, i like the PMT summarised notes + CoolGeography !! You can also find quizlet flashcards made by other students but i would recommend making your flashcards and keeping them safe as you can reuse them again and again - essay practice is also essential so past paper questions and learning how to effectively answer within the time frame is just as important as learning the content itself as application of knowledge is most of the issue most students face
Hi! I get what you mean, I do Bio OCR and my favourite resources are Save My Exams, Amoeba Sisters, Free Science Lessons (these are quite visual), PMT and flashcards. There is a LOT of content, no matter how many times you hear it, it will still take you by surprise especially for Yr2, so I'd also recommend writing a Word Document throughout the 2 years to write down all the steps for the different processes you could be asked about in a 6 marker e.g. DNA replication, Respiration etc. That and keeping a record of all the chemicals and enzymes that you come across, there are a lot. I've made a Quizlet Flashcard set that gives all of the ones I struggle with and forget. Just try and do this throughout the 2yrs so that by the time May/June in Yr2 comes around, you can do solely exam questions (the MOST important revision). As long as you make revision material as you go along, I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck!
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply