The Student Room Group

Help for A level english lit

So - I have Social and Political Protest on wednesday (3hrs) - i have 2 exams back to back before that - i feel like i havent/wont have enough revision done - any help is a appreciated?

- how do you revise eng?
- any predictions?
my advice, esp if you don’t have much time to devote to it, is to do practice essay plans rather than practice essays; takes a lot less time and helps you revise content/quotes etc and key themes that could come up. i’m sitting this paper on wednesday as well, best of luck!! what texts do you do?
Reply 2
Original post by sophiiiiiiiecmfl
my advice, esp if you don’t have much time to devote to it, is to do practice essay plans rather than practice essays; takes a lot less time and helps you revise content/quotes etc and key themes that could come up. i’m sitting this paper on wednesday as well, best of luck!! what texts do you do?

Thanks for the suggestion!!!
I study :the kite runner, the handmaids tale, blake songs of innocence and experience
I have thought to do essay plans but I cant figure it out for the life of me! - In my head all essay plans are is writing possible points for a question (but what about analysis, evidence, context etc??).I want them to be effective and just dont know where to start.

Can you show me an ecample practice essay plan? - It would help alot!!

Original post by Random3
Thanks for the suggestion!!!
I study :the kite runner, the handmaids tale, blake songs of innocence and experience
I have thought to do essay plans but I cant figure it out for the life of me! - In my head all essay plans are is writing possible points for a question (but what about analysis, evidence, context etc??).I want them to be effective and just dont know where to start.
Can you show me an ecample practice essay plan? - It would help alot!!

in terms of essay plans they can be super quick, like if i would take 5-10 mins planning in the exam just to get my thoughts out- beginning with the 3-4 key ideas that i would do in answer to the questions, then add quotes which align and any context that really stands out, but just super short note form (for me bullet points some ppl do it as a mind map etc)

Quick Reply