The Student Room Group

Extenuating Circumstances First sit

So i have been given a first sit chance due to my extenuating circumstances claim, will that mean I will be able to keep my module marks that were already obtained by coursework. It says first sits are counted as being treated as your first attempt and are uncapped, I have 32% already in coursework marks and the exam is worth 60%. For the module the reassessment is in the form of an exam and is 100% for the module so will that apply to me?
Reply 1
Not sure about this. I would check with your Programme Administrator.
Original post by Anonymous
So i have been given a first sit chance due to my extenuating circumstances claim, will that mean I will be able to keep my module marks that were already obtained by coursework. It says first sits are counted as being treated as your first attempt and are uncapped, I have 32% already in coursework marks and the exam is worth 60%. For the module the reassessment is in the form of an exam and is 100% for the module so will that apply to me?
Hi,

It’s completely fine to want clarification on this but I think I would recommend contacting your lecturer, personal tutor or school for advice on this and what it would mean for your results specifically.

Best of luck with your resit!

Estelle
Third Year Psychology
University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply