The Student Room Group

Veterinary University Kosice or Budapest?

I am a Chinese student and I have got a bachelor degree of History and a Master degree of Arts. I want to go back to undergrad to study Vet and I am not sure which one is better. I have searched for comments online and I didn't see much about the Vet uni in Kosice. It is said that the courses in Budapest is very very difficult for international students and many give up without finishing their degree. I want to know more about the cons&pros of these two uni. Could anybody knowing them give me some advice? Thank you very much for your time:-D
I took a written entrance exam and an oral exam for Budapest and I thought the professor taking the oral exam was being pretty rude at some points like talking over me and if I didn't know certain things and he give me so much attitude. After he was done questioning me he then encouraged me to to keep going for being a vet but overall I found him arrogant and rude. But that's just a glimpse of the university though.
But I am applying too for kosice hoping that works out for me.
Original post by krissamall
I took a written entrance exam and an oral exam for Budapest and I thought the professor taking the oral exam was being pretty rude at some points like talking over me and if I didn't know certain things and he give me so much attitude. After he was done questioning me he then encouraged me to to keep going for being a vet but overall I found him arrogant and rude. But that's just a glimpse of the university though.

Thank you very much! I read some similar comments online about Budapest. So do you learn VetMed now in Kosice? How about your life there? I plan to go to McDaniel College in Budapest for premed track because I didn't learn science courses in high school. I think after that I can register for entrance exmaination of Kosice and other uiversities also. I shall pay attention to student life in Budapest in the next year.

Thank you very much! So do you study VetMed at Kosice now? How about your life there? Is it also admitted by RCVS?
Original post by LoriWwwwwwww
Thank you very much! I read some similar comments online about Budapest. So do you learn VetMed now in Kosice? How about your life there? I plan to go to McDaniel College in Budapest for premed track because I didn't learn science courses in high school. I think after that I can register for entrance exmaination of Kosice and other uiversities also. I shall pay attention to student life in Budapest in the next year.

I am currently studying for the entrance exam for Kosice which is on the 25th of June so if I get accepted than I think I'll go there. I also worked at a vet clinic where some of the vets graduated from Kosice and it's one of the most popular vet uni's for Icelanders(btw I'm from Iceland) so there must be a reason why its so popular.

But I've gotten acceptance from the veterinary university of Nicosia for the 5 year program of vet med. It's located in Cyprus but the problem for me is the tuition for the school. But if you have no problem paying your tuition I would check it out🙂 they have no entrance exams just interviews.
I am currently studying for the entrance exam for Kosice which is on the 25th of June so if I get accepted than I think I'll go there. I also worked at a vet clinic where some of the vets graduated from Kosice and it's one of the most popular vet uni's for Icelanders(btw I'm from Iceland) so there must be a reason why its so popular.
But I've gotten acceptance from the veterinary university of Nicosia for the 5 year program of vet med. It's located in Cyprus but the problem for me is the tuition for the school. But if you have no problem paying your tuition I would check it out🙂 they have no entrance exams just interviews.

Oh, your entrance exam would be tomorrow! Sincerely hope you get a good result;-D. I've also taken tuition fee into my consideration. I don't have savings and I have to use my parents' money so I don't select expensive ones(Budapest is the upper limit I can afford). I want to find a job in EU or Britain after grad... I guess English is not enough for working at the continent so I am also learning German language by myself. Did you ever notice the language used in work in your home? Most doctors and clients use your mother tongue right?
hi guys , just wanted to ask about the university of Budapest entrance exam that you took was the written exam hard ? thanks

Quick Reply