The Student Room Group

Help with GCSE Spanish

I just wanted to know if the reading and listening paper are meant to be harder than the others? I’ve been predicted a 9 but in every past paper I do for reading and listening, I get around 80% which is probs an 8.

I’m just confused cause I didn’t revise at all for my mock and I was 5 marks of a 9 but now after revision I seem to be stuck here still 😅
Reply 1
It depends. Personally i find writing and speaking alot easier than reading and listening, but its different for everyone. If ur aiming for a grade 9, the best thing u can do is learn as much vocab as u can, dont waste ur tiem on past papers now, but u should go over the past papers and write down all the words u dont know in the reading and listening exams, because alot of the words pop up frequently in all the papers. Im also doing spanish this year btw and im aiming for a grade 9, my teacher told me that the best way to answer listening paper questions is to write down as much as u can hear in the first recording and the second time they repeat it fill in anything u missed and answer the question - that way its hard to miss anything! For reading i recomend paying lots of attention to the tenses (for listening too btw), because the exam borad will always try to catch u out with tenses (e.g. imperfect and conditional are very similar, or simple future and preterite). Also, if u havent already, learn the subjenctive (u dont NEED it to get a grade 9 it it helps to know what it is!)
Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by User_09
It depends. Personally i find writing and speaking alot easier than reading and listening, but its different for everyone. If ur aiming for a grade 9, the best thing u can do is learn as much vocab as u can, dont waste ur tiem on past papers now, but u should go over the past papers and write down all the words u dont know in the reading and listening exams, because alot of the words pop up frequently in all the papers. Im also doing spanish this year btw and im aiming for a grade 9, my teacher told me that the best way to answer listening paper questions is to write down as much as u can hear in the first recording and the second time they repeat it fill in anything u missed and answer the question - that way its hard to miss anything! For reading i recomend paying lots of attention to the tenses (for listening too btw), because the exam borad will always try to catch u out with tenses (e.g. imperfect and conditional are very similar, or simple future and preterite). Also, if u havent already, learn the subjenctive (u dont NEED it to get a grade 9 it it helps to know what it is!)
Hope this helps!

Thank you so much! Good luck for Tuesday :smile:

Quick Reply