The Student Room Group

age gap

is a 2 year age gap, where the girl is older, a bad difference?, the younger is mature though (both under 17)
Original post by Anonymous
is a 2 year age gap, where the girl is older, a bad difference?, the younger is mature though (both under 17)

Honestly I think its fine I'm a girl and I like someone 2 years younger than me. Don't expect no judgement at all tho there always are going to be people who judge you just do you!
Unless you're under like 13 💀 then no, a 2 year age gap is not a problem and shouldn't be a big deal.
Some people tend to freak out if the girl is older which doesn't make sense, as if it were say a 16 year old boy and a 14 year old girl he'd be congratulated for it but if it were the opposite way round then people would think of it as weird. So do what makes u happy but when you are 18+ (and if you're still together) don't force him to do anything he doesn't want to as that can be taken seriously due to u being an adult before him etc.
Original post by Anonymous

It’s not a bad difference.
To be fair, this depends on how everyone perceives what a bad difference may be - so there may be some bias.

Quick Reply