Turn on thread page Beta

Brushing Your Teeth... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've never heard of using warm water to brush your teeth before... urgh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Raphael~)
    I don't think you're meant to drink hot water/put it in your mouth, at least from the hot tap, for that comes from a water tank and so it could be all gross :eek:
    Hang on. If you were *that* worried over the hygiene issues you can always use hot water from the kitchen sink or use the cold tap and boil it in the kettle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    hahaha, haven't heard that word for sooooo long

Well there you go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    we've got a combi boiler so it comes from the mains....but it's still a bit weird do brush your teeth with hot water - it'll never be hot enough to kill off bacteria just make your mouth warmer and more cosy for bacteria

Ahhh ok I don't really know anything about plumbing :P:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Hang on. If you were *that* worried over the hygiene issues you can always use hot water from the kitchen sink or use the cold tap and boil it in the kettle.
    Something like that, but too much bother

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if people use warm water because they have sensitive teeth?

ReputationRep:
    I don't use water until I've nearly finished (rinsing stage) and want the toothpaste to be gone. My dentist said brushing your teeth with a wetted toothbrush wasn't as effective - but now I prefer not using water anyway because it doesn't all foam up in my mouth.

ReputationRep:
    You, um, what?

Stereo, I guess. Cold water and toothpaste.

Extra... thing. When my brother was four, he wouldn't brush his teeth unless someone was in the bathroom with him because he was scared of the noise it made.

ReputationRep:
    Can't you use mouthwash to cater for the difference in effectiveness? Toothpaste can't be 100% effective anyway.

ReputationRep:
    He said brushing your teeth with water could be equated to trying to dry a plate with a wet dishcloth. (his odd analogy - not mine!) I do what the dentist says is good for my teeth cause I trust him - by leaving water out of the equation I'm not doing any harm. I don't like the taste of mouthwash anyway :p:

I look gross as the only mono person - as if I only use water!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    He said brushing your teeth with water could be equated to trying to dry a plate with a wet dishcloth. (his odd analogy - not mine!) I do what the dentist says is good for my teeth cause I trust him - by leaving water out of the equation I'm not doing any harm. I don't like the taste of mouthwash anyway :p:

I look gross as the only mono person - as if I only use water!
    Listerine have a new citrus mouthwash it is very nice.
    I use water, toothpaste and mouthwash.

ReputationRep:
    cold water, toothpaste and mouthwash...perfect combination

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    cold water, toothpaste and mouthwash...perfect combination
    (not according to my dentist )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    Extra... thing. When my brother was four, he wouldn't brush his teeth unless someone was in the bathroom with him because he was scared of the noise it made.
    My bf's nephew insists on having his mum sing to him while he brushes his teeth, because he needs it for the rhythm!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    My bf's nephew insists on having his mum sing to him while he brushes his teeth, because he needs it for the rhythm!! :confused:
    Haha, and I thought my brother's thing was weird.

Mind you, the sound did used to have him in tears most nights.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.