The Student Room Group

Childcare Grand final year reduced

Hi, does anyone know if the Child Care Grand is less for the last year? The difference with the previous year is 30% which is too much!
Original post by Dimitrinka1980
Hi, does anyone know if the Child Care Grand is less for the last year? The difference with the previous year is 30% which is too much!

Hi there, Child Care funding is awarded until the end of the final term of the final year. Thanks, Angela
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, Child Care funding is awarded until the end of the final term of the final year. Thanks, Angela

Thank you so much Angela for the answer, but I still not understand why Parent Learning Allowance is full paid, Maintenance Loan is just 5% less paid, while Childcare Grant is 30% less. One more question why I have not receive the maximum amount of 323.85 a week for my 2 children if I cover the eligibility my household income is less than £28,379.39 and I am full time postgraduate student?
Thank you so much Angela for the answer, but I still not understand why Parent Learning Allowance is full paid, Maintenance Loan is just 5% less paid, while Childcare Grant is 30% less. One more question why I have not receive the maximum amount of 323.85 a week for my 2 children if I cover the eligibility my household income is less than £28,379.39 and I am full time postgraduate student?

Hi there,

The Child Care Grant (CCG) finishes on the last day of Term 3 of the year. Your Parental Learning Allowance Grant would still be for the full Academic Year. It would also be based off the sponsor's income so if that's increased compared to previous years that can also cause the funding to be reduced.

Thanks, Ross
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,
The Child Care Grant (CCG) finishes on the last day of Term 3 of the year. Your Parental Learning Allowance Grant would still be for the full Academic Year. It would also be based off the sponsor's income so if that's increased compared to previous years that can also cause the funding to be reduced.
Thanks, Ross
Thank you! The sponsor income is not increase on the contrary, it has decreased compared to previous years .Do you know who i can contact to recalculate/reassessment this one grant?
Thank you! The sponsor income is not increase on the contrary, it has decreased compared to previous years .Do you know who i can contact to recalculate/reassessment this one grant?

You'd be best to contact us directly so we can check the account. You can either access the live chat function on your online account or call 0300 100 0607.

Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply