The Student Room Group

Healthcare Sales Assistant interview with Boots

If anyone have any ideas on interview questions with Boots for healthcare sales assistant job?

Thank you!
Original post by Noor_98
If anyone have any ideas on interview questions with Boots for healthcare sales assistant job?
Thank you!

Hi
Below are some great examples of what you might be asked at your interview.
Congrats on getting a interview with boots and now you have to make sure you are the best candidate for the role of healthcare assistant....

Boots employee since I was 15 year old and I'm currently working in pharmacy department as a pharmacy dispenser advisor ( basically making up the prescriptions etc).
Best of luck with your interview..... hope it goes well.

Boots Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself.....

It’s okay to talk about your hobbies and interests but keep it brief. Try and focus on related work experience. Remember having related work experience will put you ahead of the competition.

2) What can you tell us about Boots.....
Boots is a health and beauty retailer and pharmacy chain.
Boots is located in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Norway, the Netherlands, and Thailand.
Jesse Boot founded Boots in 1849 in Nottingham England.
Walgreens Boots Alliance is the parent company of Boots.

3) Why do you want to work for Boots.........

What you want to do is reread the job description and find skills they are looking for and reassure the interviewer that not only do you have those skills but you are passionate about using them. For example, suppose you are in a Boots Customer Assistant Interview. The job description states

This is your chance to be part of something a bit different. You’ll be working closely with the most important part of our business our customers. Giving them fantastic customer care and making them feel good, and we think that’s a great opportunity. (skill required: people skills)
Listen to our customers, it’s the first step to providing a great experience and we love how passionate our customers are about our brand. (skill required: listening skills)
Put our customers at ease. You’ll get to know our fantastic products, recommending items that they hadn’t considered. Your really personable approach will keep our customers coming back. (skill required: quick learner)
So if you were on a Customer Assistant Interview say

Mention you have excellent people skills and will be excited to help customers find what they need.
Say you are a good listener which will allow you to help the customer find exactly what they are looking for.
Finally, mention you are a quick learner and will enjoy learning about the new products at Boots and advising customers about these new products.

4) What is your greatest strength.........

I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you)
I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because Boots will be extremely busy during their rush hour and you need to stay focused during this time)

5) What is your greatest weakness.............

You should not deny you have a weakness or state strengths as a weakness (I am a perfectionist, or I work too hard and neglect my friends and family). State a weakness that is required for the role but not a deal breaker if you don’t have it.
When you state your weakness make sure you say what you are doing to overcome that weakness. For example, I have a fear of public speaking and I have enrolled in a public speaking class to overcome my fear.

6) How would you deal with an upset customer.........

I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (tip be sure to learn Boots return policy)
If a customer was upset because they could not find a particular product I would find it for by walking them to the location rather than just pointing to a general direction.

7) Where do you see yourself in five years.........

This question is designed to see if you are goal-oriented but they will also want to see if you are a good fit at Boots. For example, stating you plan on working in retail management is a better answer than wanting to work in childcare as Boots is not in the business of childcare.
Tip!!! Have a look at the Boots career website and find a position you can see yourself doing in five years.

8) Why should I hire you.........
Have a second read of the job description and find the skills and experience required for the position.
Next match the skills required for the job to your own skillset.
Finally, reassure the interviewer you have the right skills.
Do you have any questions for us?
What do you like best about working here?
How would you describe your ideal candidate for this position?
What about this position is the most important?
How would you measure my success and what could I do to succeed in your expectations?
Which part of the position has the steepest learning curve? What can I do in order to get up to speed quickly?
What opportunities will I have to learn and grow?
Boots Telephone Interview
If you have a telephone interview study the questions above and you will do fine.
Remember to find a quiet place in your home so there are no distractions.
Boots Interview Tips
Turn off your smartphone.
Arrive 10 minutes early
Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous.
Don’t speak too slow as you will sound boring.
Learn as much as possible about the company before your interview.
Reply 2
Original post by Littleemma98
Hi
Below are some great examples of what you might be asked at your interview.
Congrats on getting a interview with boots and now you have to make sure you are the best candidate for the role of healthcare assistant....
Boots employee since I was 15 year old and I'm currently working in pharmacy department as a pharmacy dispenser advisor ( basically making up the prescriptions etc).
Best of luck with your interview..... hope it goes well.
Boots Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself.....
It’s okay to talk about your hobbies and interests but keep it brief. Try and focus on related work experience. Remember having related work experience will put you ahead of the competition.
2) What can you tell us about Boots.....
Boots is a health and beauty retailer and pharmacy chain.
Boots is located in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Norway, the Netherlands, and Thailand.
Jesse Boot founded Boots in 1849 in Nottingham England.
Walgreens Boots Alliance is the parent company of Boots.
3) Why do you want to work for Boots.........
What you want to do is reread the job description and find skills they are looking for and reassure the interviewer that not only do you have those skills but you are passionate about using them. For example, suppose you are in a Boots Customer Assistant Interview. The job description states
This is your chance to be part of something a bit different. You’ll be working closely with the most important part of our business our customers. Giving them fantastic customer care and making them feel good, and we think that’s a great opportunity. (skill required: people skills)
Listen to our customers, it’s the first step to providing a great experience and we love how passionate our customers are about our brand. (skill required: listening skills)
Put our customers at ease. You’ll get to know our fantastic products, recommending items that they hadn’t considered. Your really personable approach will keep our customers coming back. (skill required: quick learner)
So if you were on a Customer Assistant Interview say
Mention you have excellent people skills and will be excited to help customers find what they need.
Say you are a good listener which will allow you to help the customer find exactly what they are looking for.
Finally, mention you are a quick learner and will enjoy learning about the new products at Boots and advising customers about these new products.
4) What is your greatest strength.........
I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you)
I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because Boots will be extremely busy during their rush hour and you need to stay focused during this time)
5) What is your greatest weakness.............
You should not deny you have a weakness or state strengths as a weakness (I am a perfectionist, or I work too hard and neglect my friends and family). State a weakness that is required for the role but not a deal breaker if you don’t have it.
When you state your weakness make sure you say what you are doing to overcome that weakness. For example, I have a fear of public speaking and I have enrolled in a public speaking class to overcome my fear.
6) How would you deal with an upset customer.........
I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (tip be sure to learn Boots return policy)
If a customer was upset because they could not find a particular product I would find it for by walking them to the location rather than just pointing to a general direction.
7) Where do you see yourself in five years.........
This question is designed to see if you are goal-oriented but they will also want to see if you are a good fit at Boots. For example, stating you plan on working in retail management is a better answer than wanting to work in childcare as Boots is not in the business of childcare.
Tip!!! Have a look at the Boots career website and find a position you can see yourself doing in five years.
8) Why should I hire you.........
Have a second read of the job description and find the skills and experience required for the position.
Next match the skills required for the job to your own skillset.
Finally, reassure the interviewer you have the right skills.
Do you have any questions for us?
What do you like best about working here?
How would you describe your ideal candidate for this position?
What about this position is the most important?
How would you measure my success and what could I do to succeed in your expectations?
Which part of the position has the steepest learning curve? What can I do in order to get up to speed quickly?
What opportunities will I have to learn and grow?
Boots Telephone Interview
If you have a telephone interview study the questions above and you will do fine.
Remember to find a quiet place in your home so there are no distractions.
Boots Interview Tips
Turn off your smartphone.
Arrive 10 minutes early
Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous.
Don’t speak too slow as you will sound boring.
Learn as much as possible about the company before your interview.
I'm incredibly grateful for your assistance, it made a huge difference.
Original post by Noor_98
I'm incredibly grateful for your assistance, it made a huge difference.

Apologies for late reply 😦 😦 due to other work commitments ,

You are welcome with assistance and I hope you will absorb smash the interview and get offered a job with boots xx let's know how you get on with interview and any job offer thanks 🙏 🙏

Quick Reply