The Student Room Group

Balding and stuttering at 21

It's probably one of the worst combinations, honestly. Balding at 21 sucks as hell (i've been taking meds for around 6 months and nothing changed at all): it makes you look WAY older. Stuttering is often associated with weakness, so it adds up to the balding problem. At least I'm tall (6'2) and fit... nothing else tho.
i think a stutter is a recognised speech impediment/disability. if you think you have one, don't suffer alone when there is help + accomodations out there for you (eg when doing job interviews)

as far as losing your hair goes, 20s is where it starts for a surprising number of people (just look around). the best thing you can do is accept it internally - you'll feel a lot better about it. if the meds aren't working, don't keep paying for them i guess
Original post by Anonymous
It's probably one of the worst combinations, honestly. Balding at 21 sucks as hell (i've been taking meds for around 6 months and nothing changed at all): it makes you look WAY older. Stuttering is often associated with weakness, so it adds up to the balding problem. At least I'm tall (6'2) and fit... nothing else tho.

this might sound like a shitpost idk but if the baldness is slightly patchy you can fill it with a (GOOD QUALITY!) eyebrow pencil/pen, some bald people (w/o eyebrows!) draw on eyebrows, and it's v realistic and looks like hair. i myself when i tie my hair in a high ponytail fill in the part near the hairline where it's thinner and it makes a lack of hair look a lot less noticeable, just my piece of advice 😄

For the speech aspect if you are in the UK then speech therapy is available with the doctors I think. Me and my brother both went when we were younger and my speech impediment is still there -like a bad lazy s lisp and a bit of a stutter- but it only comes out when I'm nervous or drunk because the therapy still sticks all these years later. Although I did go 13 years ago so I'm not sure if it's still widely available now but it's a good option if the speech impediment is causing a detriment to ur mental health
Hopefully this helps

Stuttering also due to nerves

Quick Reply